6.6 - General Qiu: Just pack it up and take it away

Start from the beginning

  He raised his neck, drank half of the wine in the glass, and poured the remaining wine on the ground.

  "Tunlong and I will have a drink with you," he said softly, "so that you won't have to spend the New Year alone."

  Tunlong knew that this was for Long Yue, and remained silent for a while.

  "It's a pity..." he said, "It's a pity."

  What a pity, I can't actually say.

  They were sold almost at the same time. Only Han Ping was a little earlier. He was originally a young master from a wealthy family. Later, his family suffered a disaster. He was either executed or sold into a brothel. He ended up living in the Nanfeng Pavilion. At a young age, he tasted all the flavors of life. The bottle always seems more mature than others. When he was only ten years old, Tunlong Shang cried bitterly because of being sold, but Han Ping had already learned to walk in small steps while holding the vase on his head.

  He and Lang Yue were the meaning of everything about family in Tunlong's memory.

  Fuxiao was already babbling and singing a song. During the song, Tunlong suddenly felt that his arm was touched by someone.

  Turning around, he saw it was Kou Qiu.

  "......father?"

  "Go," Kou Qiu handed him a small key and said to him and Han Ping, "You know the room at the end is empty."

  Han Ping stood up from his seat docilely, looking a little surprised. Holding the key tightly in his palm, he slowly walked to the door, inserted the small brass key into the hole, turned it gently, and opened it.

  On the table inside, there is a lonely tablet. Incense has been placed in the incense burner, and curls of green smoke are rising out. There are remaining incense and fruits on the table, which are piled neatly on the plate.

  Tunlong's eyes suddenly became wet.

  His lips trembled, and he didn't know what to say; Lang Yue was a little boy, and his death was not honorable. Not to mention the memorial tablet, even the grave was just a hole dug and buried in it. There is no such thing as a seven-day suspension. Burying him is like burying a dead dog.

  But on this tablet, Lang Yue's name is clearly written.

  Han Ping was a little worried and called out in a low voice: "Swallowing Dragon?"

  But the young man in plain clothes just pursed his lips hard, and then waved his hand at him, looking a little awkward, as if he was trying to swallow the tears that were about to burst out of his eyes.

  "It's okay...it's okay."

  He was finally able to burn a stick of incense properly, just the three of them.

  Just say a few words.

  *

  By the end of the drink, all the waiters swarmed up to drink Kou Qiu's wine. Su held one cup on the left and the other on the right, and the wine inside swayed out, soaking less than half of Kou Qiu's clothes. Kou Qiu really couldn't refuse, so he had to drink two or three drinks at the hands of these brats.

  The system guy is a little worried.

  Even if others don't know, it still knows. Senior Cadre Kou's drinking capacity can be summed up in four words: one drink at a time.

  A weak chicken can no longer be a weak chicken.

  Fortunately, the alcohol content of this shochu was small and not very strong, so Kou Qiu could hold on to the second cup. Soon, two clusters of red fire ignited on his face, and a thin layer of aqua color rippled in his eyes.