13. FISTFUL JEALOUSY

Start from the beginning

Shubman's fist shot out, connecting with Ishan's ex's nose with a sickening thud. As blood spurted from the man's nose, Shubman felt a rush of satisfaction wash over him, his rage momentarily sated.

Before Shubman could do something more to that severely injured man, "Shubman…… Shubman….. Sh-" Ishan's concerned voice snapped him out and he realised all those things from the moment that said man hugged Ishan were just his thoughts.

I saw Ishan looking at me worriedly and the man I almost murdered in my thoughts standing right beside Ishan.

"What happened?" Ishan asked, his voice filled with worry.

"Nothing… jet lag, I guess," Shubman replied, his voice strained.

"Btw who is he?" Shubman inquired, gesturing towards his ex.

"His first love," That mystery man again interjected, a smug grin playing at his lips.

"I didn't ask you," Shubman snapped, glaring at the man before turning back to Ishan. "Ishu, who is he? Is he that asshole ex of yours you told me about?"

Both Ishan and his ex responded simultaneously, their voices overlapping in a cacophony of confusion. "Ishu???" they exclaimed in unison, their expressions mirroring each other's shock.

"Yeah, what happ- oh, I can't call you that?" Shubman trailed off, his expression shifting from confusion to realization.

"Yeah, you can't. Who are you to call my Ishu Ishu?" Mystery man interjected, his protective instincts flaring up once again.

"My Ishu???" As Shubman attempted to clarify the situation, he found himself grappling with a whirlwind of emotions.

"No, no, it's okay, Shubman. You can call me whatever you want," Ishan reassured him, his voice tinged with warmth.

"And this idiot right here is my friend Rahul. We've been friends since the earliest memories I have," Ishan added, gesturing towards his friend.

And suddenly everything about him, his nose, his eyes, his voice started seeming normal to him. I spoke ill of him. I shouldn't have done that. I need to stop making bad quick decisions. He isn't that bad after all. I take back my words.

"And who is this creature, if I may ask?" Rahul,who now I knew wasn't Ishan's ex, chimed in, his tone dripping with sarcasm.

'Cre-? Is he for real? Me, Shubman Gill, is a creature? Nope certainly he is bad. I re-take back my words. Again  I really need to make my quick decisions taking ability better.'
Shubman thought, his indignation flaring up once again.

"This failed laboratory experiment is your friend?" Shubman said while eyeing Rahul.

"Failed laboratory experiment? Seriously?" Spoke Rahul.

But as he met Ishan's gaze, something shifted within him. He realized that his outburst had been fueled by a desire to protect his friend, to shield Ishan from any further pain or harm. And while his thoughts may have been rash and impulsive, they had come from a place of genuine concern and affection. Although it all just occurred in his mind, Shubman knew that his newly formed bond with Ishan wasn't something normal.

"I'm sorry, Ishan. I didn't mean to… I just…" Shubman trailed off, his words faltering as he struggled to articulate his thoughts.

"It's okay, Shubman. I understand. Even I sometimes wonder how is this monkey still a friend of mine" Ishan replied, his voice filled with compassion while Rahul looked offended.

As Shubman stood amidst the bustling airport terminal in Italy, he couldn't shake off the residual tension that lingered in the air. Despite the revelation about Rahul's true identity, a sense of unease gnawed at him.