Ch.19: ...The Storm

Começar do início

Y/n started the car and the Regalia roared to life as he began to drive as fast as he could down the road. The heavens above began to pour heavy rain, as if the gods themselves were weaping at the tragic loss of the king of Lucis. Y/n had flipped the switch on the Regalia, bringing out its roof. Barret had to squeeze his arm gun in the backseat as he could no long hang it out of the car, unless he wanted his arm wet. "Can you slow down a bit, Y/n?" Cloud asked as they zoomed through Longwythe Outpost. Y/n remained silent as his eyes were filled with rage. "I hope everyone's okay." Aerith prayed. "Lotta good hoping's gonna do." Y/n snapped. "You mustn't lose faith." Tifa remarked. "Really? Can faith stop a fleet of Imperial dreadnoughts?" "That's enough!" Nanaki shouted, trying to difuse the growing tension. "My old man had plenty of faith!" Y/n said with a crack in his voice. "I thought you said there was going to be a peace treaty." Said Yuffie. Y/n gripped the steering wheel with anger.

"Holy shit." Cloud gasped as all eyes turned towards the sky as Imperial Dreadnoughts flew overhead toward Insomnia.

" Cloud gasped as all eyes turned towards the sky as Imperial Dreadnoughts flew overhead toward Insomnia

"Look at the size of those things." Said Barret. "Those are the dreanoughts." Informed Y/n. "They carry soldiers, better known as the Magitek Infantry." "Like those with Shinra?" Asked Cloud. "They're robots. Mass produced weapons."

"Y/n, look out!" Tifa alerted the prince who slammed on the breaks as they came across a line of cars which were blocked from passing through the border to Insomnia. Dozens of Imperial soldiers and machines stood blocking the border.

 Dozens of Imperial soldiers and machines stood blocking the border

"Is there another way around?" Yuffie asked. "We can just gun em down!" Barret suggested. Y/n noticed a dirt road that ran alongside the border. Y/n turned the Regalia and headed down the road, only to stop as the road came to an end. "We keep going on foot." Y/n said as he hopped out of the car and dashed through nearby ruins.

As the party entered the ruins, a patrol of Imperial soldiers stood in position. "Wanna take em down?" Cloud asked Y/n. "Oh, yeah. Thise scrapheads are gonna wish they had a treaty to protect them." Y/n used to Engine Blade to warp strike a soldier. Before his partner could react, Barret riddled it with bullets as Cloud jumped in and slice it and half. They looked at the robot as it's inards short circuited and exploded.