1: Much Awaited Meet

I

was going to meet him! My heart was accelerating so wildly under my ribs. I shook my head as I glanced outside the door. Train was moving at a high speed, I was just a station away from my destination, a big smile was playing on my lips.

My cell rang, diverting my attention from my fantasies. Fantasies which were going to turn reality within few minutes. I was on the verge of reaching Meerut. I received the call.

"Hello!" I answered on glancing at the ID.

"Have you reached?" Concerned voice of dad asked from the other side.

It wasn't less than a miracle that my parents agreed for the trip. I was travelling from Kerala to Meerut, alone. It was my biggest journey so far!

"No, I will reach in few minutes." I passed a smile at the person sitting opposite to me. I had travelled for two days along with her. She seemed much of my mother's age, during our short conversation I got aware that she was visiting her sister.

I had removed my suitcases and had prepared myself for the upcoming stop. I was very anxious as it was my first time travelling alone, dad was in frequent contact with me during the entire journey. It seemed like I was answering calls rather than enjoying my ride to Meerut.

"You're going to inform me the minute you reach the station."

"Don't worry, dad." I assured him, "Siddhi is waiting for me on the platform."

Siddhi Das, my best friend. She lived in Banaras, a few distances away from Meerut. Her train had reached an hour earlier but she was waiting for me on the station. Due to some issues, my train was an hour late of its schedule. I sighed as I glanced at the wrist watch, it was going to turn six. The sun was on the verge of going back home, allowing the moon to shine in the sky.

"Reach home before it gets dark." I could hear the worry hidden behind his voice. He was damn-protective when it came about me. He had never allowed for night-hang out with friends, not that I was interested in. I hardly connected with others. Siddhi was one of the rare individuals who had managed to grab my attention.

"I will," with that as a promise I hanged the call.

°°°

The train had slowed down indicating that my destination had arrived. I stood from the seat, dragging the suitcase along with me towards the door. By the time I reached towards the door, the platform was getting visible. Two more individuals were standing before me. And soon the train halted, they got out followed by me.

As I sat foot on the platform, my eyes roamed around the corner searching for a familiar figure as I put my hand in the pocket in search of my cell. "Hello!" I dialed, Siddhi. "I have reached, where..." before I could even complete my statement, I was pulled from behind, a gasp left from my throat in horror before soft arms were wrapped around my shoulder.

"Welcome to UP," Siddhi squeezed in excitement. "I can't believe you're standing in front of me." She giggled, making me laugh.

I break from the hug, glancing at her. Her black orbs were sparkling in excitement, a huge smile that always made her look cute was crafted on her face. As anticipated, she looked older than me due to her tall figure.

"How are you?" I wasn't able to form words.

It was our dream to meet! We had been friends from more than three years and all those years, we wished we could be staying in the same city. So, we could interact in person rather than in those video-calls or chatting.

"I am fine..." she brushed off her emerging tears. "I still can't believe, you're for real." Those tears were indicator of her happiness. If I was able to travel so far and convince my parents for the trip than it was due to her and Zoya.