Chapter 6: The Hero of a Hero

Start from the beginning

Soldier: Careful

G.U.N. Soldier: Shadow...Come here buddy... Let's talk.

Shadow presses himself against the wall, but the rings act up, causing them to light up, he quickly teleports away.

Tails: Looks like the rings are causing more problems than just power limitations.

Knuckles: So Shadow should take them off, simple.

Amy: *Sigh* He can't Knuckles, not until he's adjusted to them. Gerald made them that way.

Knuckles: Well that's stupid.

Tails: In a way, your right Knuckles.

Knuckles: I am?

Tails: Yeah he should have put on some emergency lock or something incase something went wrong, like the right caused more harm to Shadow than helping him, or the situation their in.

The G.U.N. Soldier rounds the corner gun ready only to find nothing, he then looks around the room and only sees a black with red stripes ball.

G.U.N. Soldier: What is this?

Eggman: See, Shadow's quills allow him to hide better. If it weren't for the stripes we would hardly be able to see him, even then it's still hard to see him.

He realizes the ball is Shadow.

G.U.N. Soldier: It's him!

Knuckles: They found him! Does that mean he gets to seek?

Amy: Knuckles, why do you think Shadow's playing hide n' seek?

Knuckles: Because Shadow was hiding, while the other guys were looking for them.

Sonic: *Sigh* Knuckles, they're not playing hide and seek, it's more like hide and fight if found.

Knuckles: Oh, ok!

Shadow teleports away again, and the soldier looks around for him.

Soldier: Where?

G.U.N. Soldier: He's here! He Disappeared! - Here!

Shadow appeared and spin dashed a Soldier.

Soldier: He vanished again!

Shadow appeared once again, spin dashing into another Soldier, then the third one.

Soldier: Watch out! Take this!

The soldier shot at Shadow, he dodged all of them then teleported to disarm him then delivered many blows to his head knocking him out. He teleported away letting the man fall, and waved off some excess energy. His power fluctuated again, but soon delivered a powerful punch to the second soldier, knocking him out as well. Shadow fell and grunted, his power on the fritz, he tried to take off the rings to no avail.

Sonic: Ok, I have to admit Shadow's good. I mean come on fighting multiple soldiers off while his power is limited and hurting him? I wouldn't be able to pull something like that off without my speed.

The last soldier came out, gun pointed at him.

G.U.N. Soldier: Freeze!

Shadow tried to run, but his power wasn't working

G.U.N. Soldier: I said freeze!

He shot at Shadow, only missing him due to Shadow throwing himself back.

They all gasped, Shadow had nearly been shot and they quickly realized the severity of the situation, including Knuckles.

Maria runs out and tackles the soldier.