Chapter 2: Surprises

Hi again, sorry this took so long to update, but like I said before how often I update will depend on motivation and time, I plan on trying to make up for the big break, so keep an eye out for new chapters this week, thank you for all the love.<3

____________________________________________________________

Soon it was two minutes before the break ended, and Sonic's team as well as Eggman walked back to their seats.

Sonic: So...What do you guys think will happen next?

Tails: Well, he doesn't have his rocket shoes, or the rings he always wears there so maybe we see how he gets them?

Abbs walks in: Alright everything is all set up, are we all ready to go?

Yeses were heard around the room, Abbs turned and hit play. The screen lights up and a pair of black, red, and white shoes are shown.

"Air Shoes! Shoes with enough propulsion to get you all the way to another planet! They're Lighter, Brighter and way more Advanced!"

Sonic: Huh, so they're called air shoes, rocket skates sound cooler.

Tails: That's amazing, I didn't know Shadow's shoes were that strong, and the propulsion is air, not any kind of rockets, Sonic it would be wrong to call it something it's not. The air was probably to prevent the shoes from overheating and burning Shadow's feet.

Eggman: Of course, I wouldn't expect anything less than perfection from my family.

An animated Shadow is seen animated skating, saying air shoes.

"Start skating to activate the rocket propulsion, and run faster than any living being! Developed by the genius minds of Maria and Gerald Robotnik"

"The perfect shoes for Shadow the Hedgehog are...The Air Shoes!"

Amy: Awesome, Maria helped design them, see women can be just as good as men.

Knuckles: I thought I told you earlier that saying that just undermines women being equal in the first place?

Sticks: He's right, you know.

Shadow is seen looking at one of the shoes from every angle and Maris smiles pointing at the T.V.

Maria: Did you really make all of this?

Gerald: Well... It was an old project from ARK and so...I added a little thing here, a little thing there...

Gerald then exclaimed

Gerald: OF COURSE I DID! You think I wouldn't make it all myself? A gift is not a gift if not given the right way.

Gerald laughs, smiling at Shadow and he smiles back.

Shadow: They're so pretty...Thank you professor and Maria...

Maria: Try them on, Shadow!

Tails: looks like we get to see Shadow use his shoes for the first time.

Sonic: Hah, this is gonna be good, I can't wait to see him trip over his own feet.

Amy: Sonic! That's not funny, what if I showed Shadow the first time you swam and he laughed at you, how would that make you feel?

Sonic blushed and grumbled, not wanting his rival to see him flounder around like a fool.

Shadow puts on the shoes, then he gets into a stance and starts to run using his power like he always did when he ran. The shoes work leaving a trail of red and gold behind the hedgehog. Soon Shadow was skating as if he had done it his whole life, and he laughs.