My Shebean

1 month later

Tomorrow was the day I'd officially stop being called greenie! Don't get me wrong, the nickname was cute at first but it honestly started getting annoying the longer I was called it.

When I was told I could be a med jack, I was buzzing. Something told me I had a lot of experience in the medical field, whether that was a good thing or bad thing.

So now, here I was sat in the medhut, putting all the supplies away. Jeff and Clint had already left for dinner (or what they said they were doing. However I had other ideas) and I was left to tidy away all the bandages from today. Great

After I had finally finished, someone decided now was the best time to walk in.

"Hey shebean. Cut my arm in the maze, can you bandage it?"

I turned around and my eyes met with Minho's hazel ones. I roll my eyes and signal for him to sit down while I get out all the things I need again.

"Are you gonna stop calling me shebean when the new greenie comes up?" I grab the rubbing alcohol and clean up his wound to make sure there is no dirt left in it.

He takes a minute to respond before shrugging.
"Nope. You're my shebean so I'll call you shebean."

My shebean

I raise an eyebrow at him while I bandage his arm up. I've got to say, all that running did manage to gain him some muscles- what the shuck am I thinking?

"As far as I'm concerned, I'm no one's shebean." I cut the strand of bandage and tie it up before standing up, wiping my hands on my trousers. "All done," he stares at me and I stare back. Clearing my throat, I look away "better get going if you want to get any dinner."

Minho stood up and began to walk out the door before he stopped. "Thanks for cleaning my wound shebean." He smiled softly before walking out, closing the door behind him.

I mentally slap myself from the funny feeling in my stomach. Now was not the time to begin catching feelings for someone. Especially not in a maze that could kill us at any time of any day. Woah, I have dark thoughts.

Again, I began to tidy up the supplies that I had already put away. Deja vu definitely shouldn't be messed with. While I was cleaning, two words rang in my head. Two words that meant meaningless to anyone who wasn't a glader, but two words that meant everything to me.

My shebean.

~

Woooop wooooop (amazing sound affects)

The sound of the greenie alarm rang through the glade, disturbing everyone from their work. I looked over at Jeff and he nodded, saying I could go see the new greenie.

I ran out of the hut and stood above the cage that hadn't even been opened yet. Newt grabbed the shutter and dragged it away, revealing a brunette haired boy that looked around 17 and with sweat dripping down his forehead, shielding the sun with his hand.

For some reason, he seemed very similar. Yes, all the boys in the glade seemed similar but this... this was different. Like it meant something. I shrugged it off and watched Gally jump into the box.

He mumbled a few words to the greenie before pulling him up and throwing him onto the grass. He looked around bewildered and I tried to push through the crowd to get to him but before I could, he bolted.

Flashbacks from my first day came flooding back. The way I had ran the exact same way he did, but instead I didn't trip over my own feet and eat dirt. Just like he had done then.