Just as I laid down, Reign called me.

"Hello?"

"Hey, why you not at school? I thought you were just gone be late but it's lunch time now." She said.

"Family shit." I answered.

"Oh...Is everything good?" She asked.

"What you even doing on yo' phone calling me, ain't you around yo' boyfriend?"

"No i'm outside sitting on the bleachers with the gym class. You didn't answer my question so i'm assuming you don't wanna talk about it?" She asked.

"I don't." I said dryly.

"Do you wanna talk about it after school?" She hesitantly asked.

I was tired of venting honestly, just knowing she don't have a problem with being there for me and being good company was all i needed.

"No." I answered. "You good though? Like you straight and shit?" I asked.

"Um ye-yeah i'm okay." She said and by the way she sounded i started to feel bad for how nonchalant i was being even though it wasn't intentional.

"Reign you not bothering me." I sighed closing my eyes before opening them again. "I'm just not in the mood right now to have a conversation but I preciate' you calling me babygirl." I said.

"Can you spend the night?" I asked since it was silent for a few seconds.

"Skye i don't think—I'll ask yo' mama myself." I cut her off.

"I'm saying that i don't think that's right i have a boyfriend."

"I know that. Can you spend the night wit' me, i'm finna text yo' mama." I asked again.

"Yeah."

"Ight, I'll see you later." I said and she hung up the phone. I then called her mom.

"Spades you supposed to be in school, what you doing calling?" She joked.

"Uh i had some family stuff going on, how you doing Ms. Angie?" I asked.

"I'm fine, and how are you?" She asked.

"I'm good. I was calling to ask you if Reign could spend the night, i asked her on the spot by mistake, I wasn't thinking." I said.

"It's fine with me...You know what Skye you're so respectable and honest. It's just crazy to me how her male friends have more manners than her boyfriend." She said slickly.

"Really?" I asked to be nosey.

"Mhm, he don't even speak or open the door for her. He be tryna get her to sneak out but you actually come to me for permission, she won't listen to me so maybe she'll listen to her friends chile, but it was nice of you call." She said.

"Okay, thank you Ms.Angie."

"Anytime." She said and the phone hung up and i just stared into space.

"Sneak out?" I questioned out loud.

If he really respected Reign he wouldn't even want her to risk getting in trouble for shit, not even him. At least that's the way I think about it.