Intermission #2: Bloopers

hey, it's leviathan! a couple people(including Yuki) wanted some film- style bloopers for the intermission... so here you go!

none of these are canon, obviously :>

─── ⋅ ∙ ∘ ☽ ༓ ☾ ∘ ⋅ ⋅ ───

Rapunzel stood up, and Cassandra followed, the two of them reaching Y/n's level once again. "So! Sounds like we have a wizard to visit. Y/n, you ready?"

Y/n blinks.

Cassandra sighs, and Rapunzel bursts out laughing as Y/n snaps back to reality.

"Wait, I zoned out, what- OH, WAIT, IT'S MY LINE- UM- AS I'LL EVER BE?!"

─── ⋅ ∙ ∘ ☽ ༓ ☾ ∘ ⋅ ⋅ ───

"Raps, (N/n), just watch your step." murmured Cassandra as she pushed the door open.

If the hallway had been tinged with smoke, the room inside was brimming with it. Y/n could barely see a foot in front of her face. She hesitated for a moment, nervously glancing about the space.

"It's just fog. I'm sure it's okay." Rapunzel said, looking around fearfully. "Uh huh. Sure." commented Y/n, not fully paying attention- she was more focused on the small string that Cassandra had just tripped on. A tripwire?

(Y/n)'s attention was instantly grabbed by the series of mechanisms that had just begun to trigger, which formed a seemingly random string of reactions.

The room is filled with purple smoke, and when it clears, the group is unharmed- but purple goo covers the two authors standing with the script, just out of the field of view.

"Wait, I missed!" Varian shouts in panic. "Wait, shoot, Ruddiger hit the cannons- one second-"

The mechanism fires again, and now purple goo covers the entire back wall of the lab.

The authors sigh. "From the top..."

─── ⋅ ∙ ∘ ☽ ༓ ☾ ∘ ⋅ ⋅ ───

Varian gave her an expression of thanks before he started talking again. "Besides, I am an expert, and this is all perfectly safe."

The cavern is silent for a very long time as the trio stands in complete silence.

Y/n groans, and the others sigh in exasperation. "Isn't there supposed to be a nail right now, or something? I-"

The second she steps forwards, a metal nail flies from the machine and beans her in the back of the head.

─── ⋅ ∙ ∘ ☽ ༓ ☾ ∘ ⋅ ⋅ ───

"Shhh!" exclaimed Rapunzel, waving her hands frantically. "Kids... I need you to promise to keep this between us." She paused, glancing at Cassandra and Pascal. "...and them."

"Wh- why?" stuttered Varian, although he seemed distracted, as he kept glancing at Y/n- specifically, her glowing hair streak.

Rapunzel sighed. "Because my dad has forbidden me from talking about these rocks to anyone." Oh. Well. That explains a lot. She put her hands on Cassandra and Varian's shoulders, looking up at Y/n. "We, collectively, are going to figure this out." Rapunzel paused, taking her hand off Varian's shoulder. "But I need to know that I can trust you."

Varian glances at Y/n again- her eyes, this time, not her hair. She gives him a reassuring smile, and nods subtly. He turns back to Rapunzel with a determined expression. "You absolutely cannot."