Sweet Little Lies Part 1

Start from the beginning

"You don't have to do that anymore, Ruby,"I told her, "You have the other job!"

"No, I OWE Chet,"she glanced at me as I narrowed my eyes.

"You took the damn money didn't you?"I grabbed her by the arm and she tried to wiggle away, but her frailty was no match for me, "Why? You knew this could happen!"

Ruby sighed, "I'm sorry, sis."

That's all I ever got were empty apologies.

"What job?"I demanded.

"Escort,-"

I laughed, letting her go and walking away, "Oh hell no! Hell no, Ruby. I'm not sleeping with other people,-"

"No, no!"She followed me as I continued walking, "It's not that. You just show up, look hot, allow yourself to be eye and arm candy and that's it. If you want to fuck them, then that's an added bonus."

"Are you listening to yourself?"I whirled around and glared at her, "I am not judging what you choose to do, but this is ME. I'm your little sister and you want ME to put my life on the line for you like this? AGAIN?"

I'd never actually been an escort, but I'd done various things to help her out in the past. Some legal, some not. Blaze had no idea.

"It's only for a short while, Sapphire,"she was pleading, "It all goes back to him, but he gives me a cut and you can have it."

I turned to see Fox and Blaze walking in the opposite direction. Blaze waved to me and I waved back wishing this situation wasn't happening right now.

"You know what Chet and Lucas are capable of, Sapphire,"She tugged on my arm, "Please?"

I knew exactly what they were capable of and I couldn't bear the thought of it.

"How often do I do this?"I hated myself for giving in.

"Just a few times a week,"she said, breathing in a sigh of relief, "I can let you know all of the details when necessary. I know you're looking for a car, but maybe you can stay with me on the weekends and use my car."

I couldn't believe I was really going to do this.

"Do not tell Blaze anything about this!"I demanded of her, choking back my tears.

"No way! You two look so happy together!"She hugged me, but I didn't hug her back.

What the hell was I getting myself into?

Blaze

"Well, that didn't take long at all, Fox,"I crossed my arms and stared at my brother like he was a villain in my worst nightmares.

"Come on, Blaze. I need help. It's temporary."

"I've heard that before,"I muttered.

"Chet's on my ass and so is Lucas,"he said, "I don't owe them money, but they're going to find a way to get me kicked out of Atlas if I don't produce the product."

"Pimping? Dealing?"I was afraid to ask.

"I need to get some girls and a little dealing."he lowered his eyes, "I only need a few grand to end the deal and then I'm out. I promise."

I'd heard these promises before. Many, many times before.

"What am I supposed to do? And why can't you do it?"

"I'm going into rehab, but it's upstate,"he admitted.

I was shocked, "You're actually going?"

"Yeah, but as long as I have a backer who can cut my losses, Chet and Lucas and all those bastards won't bother me again. I have a few girls who need someone to look after them, get the money, give it to Chet and then, well, you know the other dealings and how that works."