3: Trying To Keep Our Feelings Secretly Covered

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Come on, let's give it a try."

A try? "Try what?"

"You know what I mean."

"I really don't. And you can get your hand off me now, thank you very much." She pushed him but subtly, she was trying not to make a scene.

"Then I'll explain. Come with me." Elexis let go of her waist but then grabbed her arm.

This guy's really getting on her nerves.

"No. I can't."

"Come on." He was still grinning, like it still hasn't register on his head that she was saying no. What a moron!

"You're really starting to annoy me."

"I'm just persistent."

"Just let me go, okay?"

"One drink," the shmuck still insisted.

From where she was standing, Lisa shouted. "Hey, emo Ken, cut it out. She already said no." Everyone who were dancing in that part of the dance floor turned their heads to them, including Honey.

"Is she talking to me?" Elexis sniggered, like he found it amusing.

"Yes, and if I were you, I'll listen to her. She's the chief prosecutor's daughter."'

He raised his eyebrows.

"I'm not kidding. So, unless you want your weeds gets confiscated, you'll scram." Jennie continued, intimidating the guy.

Finally, he let her go.

"Asshole," she hissed. She returned to their table. After a while, people from their group started sitting down, too. Including Honey and Lisa.

"How was your handsy boy-toy? Did you have fun? Seriously, can't you pick anyone else who at least got more respect towards women? The boy was like twenty or maybe he's only fifteen based on his sprouting mustache." Lisa mocked as soon as she sat on the seat at Jennie's left.

"He was just young and impressionable." She reasoned. This was the Lisa she knew. Annoying but caring at the same time. So, they're back to teasing and mocking each other's poor choices. Jennie found herself fighting a smile.

"Oh please. That guy was already having a toxic Rockstar persona, without the money and the fame."

"Fine. Don't start lecturing me now, Lis. Nothing happened."

"Because I was there and scared him."

"Even if you didn't yell, nothing will happen. I can take care of myself."

"Of course, you can, but you'll be having a hard time getting rid of that shmuck without my help."

She looked at Lisa. The Thai woman has a very smug look on her pretty face. Like she was having a heroic high from saving Jennie. But Lisa looked really adorable looking so smug. And it hit her. That's the perfect opportunity to make her "final act of sabotage". She eyed each and every one who were at their table. Everyone was there. Also, the club music's volume dialled down. She can still hear a song playing on the speaker and sounds coming from other patrons. There was another band at the stage preparing for their set.

This is it. Here we go.

She turned her body towards where Lisa was, placed both of her hands on the Thai's shoulders. "Thanks, Lisa. I know I can always count on you."

Lisa grinned wider, accepting her gratitude.

She then held both of Lisa's plump cheeks, and pinched them gently. God, the woman's really cute! "I really don't know what I'll do without you, Lisa," she uttered then kissed Lisa on the lips.