"Absolutely." He grins and walks back downstairs. I stand there stupidly trying to understand what he's said. Then it strikes me like lightning.

"Sebastian!!!!" I run to the kitchen where Sebastian is making breakfast with Mom. "You're pregnant!" I scream. She looks at me with big wide eyes.

"Surprise." She smiles tentatively. I shake my head and run back to my room, a scream ripping through my throat as I slam the door. Thoughtlessly, I lash out at the wall. Bruising my knuckles on impact at the very least.

"Milena?" Sebastian peeks into the room.

"What could you possibly want?" I sob.

"I just want to make sure you're okay."

"I'm not." I admit and stare at him through watery eyes. "She's barely my mom."

"Maybe she just needs a second chance; a better atmosphere. I've tried to start this right."

"So I was just a mistake and for sixteen years worth of second chances she's couldn't make it right but you come along and you can fix her?" I say breathlessly. He shakes his head. "Whatever. It's not like I'm not used to this." I wipe the tears away.

"We'll do this right." He tries to reassure.

"Nothing's ever right." I shrug. "Just let me know when we're leaving."

An hour later and I'm called down to the sitting room. I snatch my school list, fold it up and shove it in my back pocket. Mom comes in my room.

"Sweetie, I wanted to say sorry about this morning."

"Forget about it Mom."

"No, I was really out of line."

"It's fine." Mom goes to sit on my bed and I can't stop her fast enough. I hear the clear snapping of my wand. "Oh my god." I rush over and take the pieces in my hands. "It's broken."

"Sweetie, I'm so sorry."

"It's broken." I repeat.

"I'm sorry. We'll get you another one."

"I don't want another one. I want this one." I'm three years old again clinging on to my favorite toy.

"Come on. We'll get a new one." We go downstairs and travel by floo powder to whatever little village it is that you get supplies at here.

"Alright, first your uniforms." Sebastian insists.

"Actually we need to go to the wand maker." My mom says, biting her bottom lip.

"Don't you have a wand?" Sebastian asks me.

"I did." He raises an eyebrow at me.

"I broke it." Mom answers. "Not on purpose but she needs a new one."

"Right. That would be Gregorovitch." Sebastian explains and with a hung head I follow him.

"Velcome." Gregorovitch eyes me curiously as we enter the shop.

"We're looking for a replacement wand." Sebastian says and the wand maker comes from behind the counter to examine me.

"Yes." He nods and waddles away, bringing back several boxes. He hands them to me one after the other but each time is less successful than the last. "You were very connected to your wand." He muses.

"I guess you could say that." I shrug.

"Then this one." He hands me a wand with beautiful filigree on the dark wood handle, slender built with  a wispy shaft of light, almost blond wood, and it's warm to the touch.