Chapter 3 | Anxious

Akshara was getting anxious, God knows why she was really anxious as if something big is going to bhappen today. "Mumma" Abhir says behind her pulling her out of her mini worrisome world. Akshara turned around and smiled instantly; lifting abhir up akshara's smile widen.

"Yes mere baby, kya hua?" Akshara asks abhir, "Mai kaisa dikh Raha hu?" Abhir questions, styling his hair with his hands. A small sad smile made its way towards akshara's face, "abhi" akshara whisper; day by day Abhir is becoming like his father, his habits are becoming like abhimanyu, his obsession with his hair.

"Bohot handsome lag rah Mera abhir" With that akshara put abhir down, "Mumma WAYNR ??" Abhir asks in his shortforms. "What?" Akshara chuckles in confusion.

" 'why are you not ready' that's what it means! Mumma you are too old!" Abhir says while laughing, Akshara Fakes being offended, and says in a fake playful offended tone "haww, how dare you" Putting her hand against her mouth she gasps like the --- mother-in-law's do when their bahu gives sensible answer in Indian soap operas.

Abhir runs away while laughing, while akshara chuckles on leaving figure and goes towards the door and locks it. The smile on her face slowly leaves, her anxiousness coming back.

"Why do I feel something is going happen?" Akshara's says in head. She was getting nervous for no reason whatsoever, she was getting anxious and nervous since yesterday's night but left that thought as it was probably because of the inauguration but the thought is not leaving her mind now.

She bites her nails unconsciously, a knock on the door disturbs her thought. "Akshara beta? Are you in there? Are you ready?" It was nandita maa's voice. She looked at herself through the mirror and she realised she still wasn't ready, it was already 1:34 and the inauguration is around 3:20 but for teachers they had to be present at 2:30 before the chief guest, which was still, a mystery as the principal said it was surprise.

"Akshara beta? Are you there?" Nandita maa asked again breaking her bubble bust, "Yes nandita! I'm getting ready" Akshara quickly answered. "Oh okay when you are ready come and eat the food its on the dining table, I'm going to walk with abhir" Nandita maa informs akshara from the other side of the door.

"Okay! Be safe and come early! We have to leave for the function" Akshara answers. With that door closing noise was heard implying that they left. "Let's get you ready akshara" Akshara says to her self, looking at herself through the mirror. She quickly left for the shower and came out 20 minutes later and picked out a red sleeves kurti with white pants. Satisfy with she wore, she quickly went to the living room, leaving her phone on the dressing table. She was getting messages on the teacher's only group the one without the principal.

+
[! Underline and Bold texts are the groupchat's messages. !]

Shreya ; I heard the secret chief guest is a male and he's a big surgeon!

Nandini ; I heard he's from udaipur, his name was something abhi- abhiman or something like that, I heard the janitors talking about him.

Aliya ; Stupid it was abhimanyu!

+

Akshara was eating her early lunch, when she suddenly remembered something on her phone. She goes to check her phone on the dining table but remembers that she left it on her dresser.

She quickly goes to the room and goes towards the dresser, she picks up the phone and sees the group chat message notification and opens it.

She slowly reads the chats and gets the message where it 'udaipur', 'famous family's oldest son', 'surgeon' and when she reads the last chat her heart drops. Key word - 'abhimanyu'.

'famous family's oldest son, udaipur, surgeon and most of all abhimanyu.' Shit. These things are only pointing towards one thing that Abhimanyu is the chief guest that is coming to the school and she was appointed to show the chief guest around -- as others schedules were quite tight so she got selected.

"Shit shit shit" these words were the only thing in her mind, If Abhimanyu gets to know that she's alive it would be a blunder, even though she knows he doesn't care and she too doesn't care what he thinks, but the thing is abhir. What will she do about abhir? Everyone in the school knows and adores abhir, even if he doesn't see abhir ; He will get to know about abhir one way or another and the fact that abhir behaves and looks similar to abhimanyu is just a another give away.

She bites her nails in anxiousness, She has to come up with a plan, and she has to be quick, she checks the time and sees it's almost 2;05. She has exactly 25 minutes before she has to go to school, She was thinking when she got the idea! She will say that she married another guy.

[Akshara's POV]

"Right akshara, like he's going to believe that and there's no one in your plan to be your 'fake' husband." My sub conscious mocks me.

"Point toh hai baat mei'' I replied talking to myself, "mumma!" A cute voice greeted me, "I'm back!" The is voice is abhir's voice, "Hi baby!! How are you? Had fun?" I asked abhir, "Yes I had fun! Dadi Also got me this keychain!" Abhir said excitedly, Dadi is nandita maa he often refers to her with dadi or sometimes by her name, it's just their thing.

"Baby you are ready right? Come on let's leave!" I asked abhir, "Yes mumma IMR" Abhir again said in his shortform language. "IMR?" I asked him confused tilting my head. " I'm ready, mumma you are too old you should learn some slangs! " He answered teasing me, "acha bachu! Go sit in car I'm coming!" I said acting as if I was going to run after and bolts out of the room. "Nandita maa We'll be right back" I said and taking her blessings and she pecked me on the forehead with motherly Affection.

I left the house, and went towards the car and see abhir standing there. "Kya hua car ke andar kyu nahi beithe?" I asked him while unlocking the car, "dear mumma car ki keys mere pass hai ya apke pass?" He said sarcasticly while sitting beside me. "Oh. Sorry" I said studpidly and smiling in stupidity.

"Okay abhir there something I want to tell-" I said while turning the car on and leaving the parking lot but abhir cutted me off, "is dad returning?!" He asked excitedly, my heart broke seeing the happiness in on his face. Tears welled in my eyes but I quickly hid it, "no baby, I saying if you see any man with 6ft, dark hair, muscular body you will run from there and come towards me" I said in low voice, abhir's happy voice was no longer there. I felt wrong for not telling abhimanyu about abhir; but he Should've come to check on me and shouldn't had blamed me for neil's death.

We finally got to the school, there wasn't any students just teachers. "Good afternoon akshu!" Shreya, maths teacher greeted me; she one of closest friends to me.

I greeted her back, "oh abhir you are here too, good afternoon to you too" She said sweetly, Abhir greeted her back. "Did the chief guest arrived?" I asked hoping for her saying no, "No, he didn't arrive, he'll arrive in 5 minutes. Remember that you have show the guest around" Shreya said reminding me of the circumstances.

I still have some time till he comes, I entered the school and got busy with decorations. A black car stopped; my heart was pounding I don't know why but it was telling me to go outside. I ran towards the school entrance and saw a black car, my heart was going crazy right now.

Slowly the car door opened...

---

HA CLIFF HANGER 😅
Gotta make the story interesting<3 dw I'll update the chapter tomorrow and sorry for not uploading yesterday I was in hospital ik you don't care but still sorry!

[ !NOT EDITED! ]

Words - 1370.