Have we met before?🤍🤎

Inaya's pov

I was about to fall, but suddenly someone grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him.

Although it felt gentle, but I couldn't stop thinking about the incident that scared the hell out of me, causing me to start taking heavy breaths.

I was struggling and trembling, begging him to leave me, "Plea...se... lea..ve me.., Ton... wh..y do.." But before I could say anything, the other person said, "It's me, sweetie, James... Jamessu, are you okay? Relax, why are you breathing heavily? Clam down take a deep breath"

I was surprised and could feel that he was worried about me.

At that moment, I couldn't speak because I wanted to confirm if the person standing in front of me was P'James or someone I never wanted to see.

So I keep myself clam and I searched for my phone to see the person's face, but it was dark and I couldn't see anything.

Suddenly, the street light came on, and I picked up my phone to see that it was really P'James. I felt relieved somehow.

Throughout all this time, he was silent, maybe waiting for me to confirm as I was really scared. But then he asked again,

"Are you okay? Did you get hurt anywhere while checking if I was hurt or not?" Then he gave me water.

"No, no, P'James, I am fine."

"Did I scare you so much that you started breathing heavily?" He was really worried about me.

"No, it's not like that," I switched the topic because I didn't him to know anything.

"But why are you following me, P'James?" I asked in confusion.

"Well, I was going back home from my dance practice. I was about to get in my car when I saw you standing in front of the alley, looking tired and scared. I called you many times, but you didn't listen."

"Oh, I had my earphones on, that's why I couldn't hear you. Sorry."

"By the way, what are you doing here? Do you live here?"

"No. I came for dinner. There's an Indian restaurant here, it's so good. Whenever I'm tired from work or don't feel like cooking, I always come here. Do you want to try?" I asked hesitantly, expecting him to say yes, but also wondering why he would eat with me.

James POV

When I saw her in front of the alley, I was so happy to see her that I couldn't keep myself calm and I followed her. But when I saw that she was scared of me, I asked her, but she changed the topic so I didn't push her.

But when she asked me to have dinner with her, I was so happy that I could feel something in my stomach.

"Well, I have never tried Indian food before, but I can join you". I was hungry and also wanted to spend some time with her.
She looked surprised but excitedly said, "Oh that's good."

We went to the restaurant and she ordered the food as I was not familiar with anything.

She was sitting quietly. I could see she was nervous, so I started a conversation.
"Can I ask your name, sweetie? We have met two times before and I don't even know your name."
"Inaya."
"Ahh, that's a good name. Well, you know I was looking for you."
"Looking for me?" she repeated the words.
"Yes, don't you remember our first meeting?"
"Yes, I remember. The first time I met you was at the ABC venue after your performance."
"No, before that, we first met 3 months ago at the XYZ club."
I could see her face and there was a question mark, she seemed confused. But why? She didn't remember me?