six - of old times

hey guys, so first of all I would like to start off this chapter by giving you all a major thanks for 1k!! I'm really happy so seriously, thank you :)

I don't know who made the graphic on the side but whoever it was, thank you very much, it's amazing :)

Now, please enjoy

-

I stirred the pot over the hob using my wand. I never liked getting too close to fire, it never was really a thing that I liked. Fire was dangerous, could burn you to ashes within seconds.

But, of course, the boys required a big dinner after eating nothing but a bit of fruit for breakfast and a sandwich for lunch and since I wished to live here I was supposed to make it for them which seemed ridiculous but I guess I was the one who decided that I wanted to stay here so I really can't complain.

So, here I was as I waited for their long shift to end, making half them all stew. I hadn't cooked anything very proper in a long time but now I guess there was a reason to so I might as well cook it.

Around six, the boys all began to pile into the small cottage and smelt the aromas from the stew in the air, getting excited as they all sat themselves down at the plastic dining table I had been given. My old small table wouldn't fit everyone here at it so I got a bigger, plastic one that probably didn't cost them too many galleons but again, I couldn't really complain about it because this is what I agreed to.

I put the stew into big bowls and brought them to the table, taking a seat myself. I wished they would just be quiet but as usual, boys will be boys. They were loud, hitting each other and teasing one another. They were cracking jokes and laughing and it was all very loud; too loud for my liking if I'm honest.

"How was your day?" I looked up to see Charlie looking at me expectantly. I have to say that I'm slightly surprised as I try to think of a reply. Charlie and I talked a good bit yesterday but he had thought I had been dead for years, that was the obvious reaction. I didn't expect him to actually talk to me every day. But it was a nice kind of surprise, to find out that he wants to talk to me.

"It was fine, same as every other day except for now really. I just did all the things that needed done around here and then I made you all dinner. Nothing too exciting," I muttered, looking down. My boring day was actually quite embarrassing. Charlie must be used to all the dragons and the fire and the drama of it all at this stage so he probably has forgotten what it's like to have had an extremely uneventful day or also known as my life. "What about yours?"

"Nothing too much, we were just kind of helping the dragons settle in here. The ones we brought over didn't have enough space back where we were working before so they had to get used to how much space they had and the new place and all. It's almost like a new house for them," Charlie said with a small smile on his face. Charlie had always been extremely fascinated by dragons. They interested him extremely. Even in Hogwarts he was often found in the library researching them during his free time or even during his not so free time when he was supposed to be doing homework.

"Do you find them cute? Like, I don't really find them cute but you seem very fond of them. Do you find them cute or are they just very fascinating to you?" I asked him, curiously awaiting  the answer. I'd never really asked him this. He had always been interested but I had not thought so much of it until I found out he was actually working with dragons and by then we barely talked anymore.

I could feel my heart swelling as his grin grew and his bright white teeth were on full display. Merlin, Charlie Weasley was handsome. He was quite a charmer too, even if he didn't know it. He had me looking at him like a lost puppy during our Hogwarts days. I was absolutely in love. I still felt some sort of admiration towards him. I'm not too sure what exactly it was that I felt, though.

"Now, I wouldn't exactly go as far as calling them cute, I mean some of them things are ugly brutes. But I like to think that dragons are very fascinating creatures. They no longer fascinate me so much as they've grown on me; I mean, I spend more time with the damned creatures than I do with my own family which really is something. But I must say, they are very fascinating creatures and working with them makes me very happy."

"Well anyone could of told you were going to be happy working with dragons if they had of seen you during your days at Hogwarts. I swear, you and Hagrid could have made some kind of dragon fan club together," I joked, causing Charlie to blush as his other co-workers, who were now listening into the conversation, laughed at him. I felt bad as he began to turn about as red as his hair but I was quite happy to see that although he was slightly embarrassed, he was grinning. I really liked his grin.

"Yeah, well during my Hogwarts days I really had no other interest. Merlin, I didn't even have that many friends in those days. I was just a complete loner half the time. You were one of my only friends in the damned school and you were not in my house or in my year!" Charlie exclaimed as he realised how many friends he had had back then. But what Charlie didn't know was that people were actually dying to be his friend. He was just too distracted to actually notice half of them.

"Yeah, well let's just say you weren't very good at approaching people back in those days. You probably could of been the most popular boy in school if you had of bothered to lift your head from a book and actually talk to some people," I told him, taking a gulp of my stew. Charlie just nodded, now in deep thought as he reminisced his Hogwarts past. That was something I preferred not to do because whenever I remembered Hogwarts, I remembered the death.

"I could have been popular. But you were popular which I guess made me slightly popular which still counts if you think about it," he pointed out as I rolled my eyes. All through Hogwarts, Charlie had claimed I was very popular. However, I was definitely not, I only seemed it in front of him because whenever I was around Charlie, other people liked to approach us because Charlie didn't seem as 'unapproachable' as he always was when he was around his friends.

"Please, the only people that thought I was amazing were Cedric's friends who only thought that because I was years older than them yet I still bothered to talk with them. I was hardly popular," I said, finishing up the end of my stew. Charlie laughed at me, almost choking on the ends of his own stew as he did so.

"Please, those boys thought you were the prettiest thing with legs in Hogwarts," Charlie laughed. I rolled my eyes, my cheeks turning slightly red as I turned my head down to face the ground.

"Shut up, Charlie," I muttered as he continued to laugh at me. The rest of the boys had lost interest in our conversation and had began one of their own about dragons.

"Oh, come on, Talia. You were probably one of the only girls in fourth year that didn't have terrible acne problems or spots," Charlie said. I just looked back up again, nodding my head. "I mean, you were quite pretty. There was this one boy in my room who was utterly obsessed with you."

"Richard? Oh trust me, I knew Richard's little obsession. Every Valentine's day until you left was hell. He asked me to Hogsmeade every time and the first two times I said yes but then in third year their were rumours going around that he kept a shrine and I got creeped out and then I started rejecting his offers," I told Charlie who laughed.

"Well, I will let you know that the shrine rumours were 100% true. He kept it in his trunk, on the left hand side. I even gave him a piece of your hair for his birthday," Charlie told me before bursting into laughter. I couldn't help it as I laughed along with him, thinking of how absolutely insane my situation was right now.

But I couldn't of been happier.