five - of old friends

hey, so here is another update :) I'm going to be back with an update for you in two weeks and then I'm going on holidays and all but updating will be as normal :)

So I hope you guys enjoy this :)

Also, thanks to Beyond-Infinities for the amazing banner on the side :)

-

"Charlie... I didn't know you still worked with dragons," I muttered, looking down to the dusty wooden flooring of the cottage and pulling at the end of my cotton jacket. Charlie's eyes widen and he seems almost angry as he looks at me.

"Talia... I didn't know you were still alive," he mocked me, snapping out the words. I continue to look down, not wanting to meet his gaze or have to answer any of his questions. I have a lot of things to answer for but the last person I want to tell them all to is a damn Weasley.

"I'm sorry," I muttered finally. He lets out a sigh and I feel two arms wrap around me as he pulls me in for a hug. I don't hug back, I only stand there as he wraps his arms tighter around me. The other boys seem to have found something else more interesting to do than watch our conversation as they walk around outside the cottage, their loud voices being echoed into the air.

"Talia... I have missed you so much. You do not even understand how much I have missed you in the last few years," he muttered into my ear. I gulp as I feel a punch of guilt hit me in the stomach. I had to give him some answers. But how was I supposed to explain all of this. It was all too much for one day. I don't even mind him handling it; it's me handling it that I'm more worried about.

"I'm sorry," I repeat. But this time he just lets out a deep chuckle. He smiles down at me and I attempt to give him a smile back but I'm almost certain it looks like I'm dying instead. Still, I try to look happy for the moment even though my stomach is about to empty itself.

"What happened?"

And the question was thrown into the air. I couldn't handle it, I sucked in a sharp breath as he asked me the question and I once again looked to my feet, ignoring his gaze. I can't just ignore him forever, I'm going to have a hard enough time continuing to do this for the next two minutes.

I knew as I looked back up into Charlie's green eyes. I knew exactly what it was that I had to do.

Like any smart death eater would have known to do, I was going to do the most simple thing that I could that wouldn't involve anyone else's feelings getting hurt over the things that I have done. Yes, that's correct.

I'm going to lie.

"Whenever I got out of Hogwarts, I made some new friends," I began to tell him, stuttering as I began to go along with the story since it was only forming in my head as I spoke the words. I was trying to make it sound realistic as possible but at the same time I had mere seconds to think of the next line. So as I went along it began to sound a little more off but Charlie was taking in every word as though his life depended on it. Guilty once again punches me in the stomach.

"As they tried to convince me to join them, I began to wonder what they really wanted. It was too late to back out by the time I realised what exactly they had forced me to join. Cedric had died. And so I just ran. No one ever saw me again. I ran to this little cottage and began renting it and I've been staying here out of everyone else's sight for all these years."

Okay so maybe bits of my story where true. I didn't realise what I was in for when I signed up. I did run as well but not until after the war; when I killed him.

I had been so terrified and my arms had been shaking at the time and I couldn't even think straight. But I eventually found myself paying to stay in this cottage. No one could ever find me and that was the way that I wanted it. No one else really cared anyway because I had been dead for so long; they'd already gotten over my death in the time from Cedric's death to the war.

The only person that was still hurt from the whole thing was really me and let's be honest, my opinion doesn't matter at all.

"I'm so sorry that you had to go through all of this," Charlie told me and I just gave him a tight lipped smile and nodded my head as I continued to lie to him. Gosh, I felt so bad but I'd already told the lie and there was no point in even attempting to escape it now.

"It's fine, I survived it. I did some bad things in my time but over the years I've learned to get on with it and just generally learned that life goes on even if you choose not to move on with it," I told him, shrugging my shoulders. He still looked unsatisfied about something but I ignore his look as I call for his friends to all come inside.

"You can all stay in these rooms," I tell them, directing to the two spare rooms with twin beds in both rooms. I look to them, giving them a slight frown as they begin to count how many of them there were.

"Someone should just use a spell to make the room bigger so we can shove in an extra bed. The extra bed is out the back for when you do it. I don't really care who sleeps on the extra bed, just deal with it. Someone has to unless two of you want to share a twin bed which I am sure that none of you guys want."

"Yes, Ma'am," one of them muttered as another snickered. Charlie gave both of the men glares and they quickly shut up, looking to each other slyly as they gave secretive smirks to each other. I chose to ignore the boys and turn around, heading to my room. I don't really know what to do because usually I'd just sit out on the armchair in the kitchen but I don't relay want to be near them right now.

"I'm sorry about them," Charlie mutters as he enters my room behind me. I snap my head around to face him, giving him a glare for scaring me like that. Since he just smirks and gives me a wink as I shake my head in annoyance at him, I wonder if he's happy about something.

"What's got you so happy?" I ask him, giving him a curious glance as I fold away some clothes on my bed. He just shakes his head as he throws me a toothy grin. I do not return a grin of any such sort as I try to figure out exactly what this boy is up to. Knowing a Weasley, it's never anything too good or too legal.

I slightly flinch as I think of Fred and George together, always pranking everyone. More guilt seems to come into my mind as I decide to ignore it. I look back to Charlie, waiting for an answer to my question. He just shrugs as his smile grows wider. I shake my head at him. He's so weird, why does he not just give me a simple answer?

"I don't know. Can I not just be happy to see my friend of many years who I thought was buried six feet under?" He asked me which once again makes me feel bad. I wonder if he knows that he's making me feel bad but it's Charlie so I really doubt that he does realise it at all. He's a good guy with good intentions but gosh can he be stupid sometimes. I sometimes have to wonder to myself if he just chooses to ignore all the things that are so very obvious.

And yes when I say these things, I am talking about my massive crush on him. Everyone knew about it; everyone except him at least. He went on, treating me like he always did but when anyone else seen me around him they would throw me a wink or something. It was honestly quite annoying but no one really seemed to notice it.

No one seemed to realise much in my life. They never seemed to catch on or realise.

I stare back across the room to my old friend and I give him a smile back.

"Yeah... yeah, I guess you can be."

-

Thanks, vote and comment please :)