Chapter 7

Text guide:
Narration
Thoughts
"Talking"
Action

====================================

LOCATION:
HUMAN DIMENSION(REAL WORLD)
[BANNER FAMILY HOME]

TIME:
[2 WEEKS BEFORE CURRENT TIME]

POV: CARTER

This is... quite an unexpected turn of events... Aiden's parents are currently inside Ashlyn's house.

And Ashlyn? She is currently in the bathroom, probably thinking about how Aiden can change her life, and not in a good way.

Carter: "S-So, how are you, Aiden?"

Aiden: "Feeling good. I just want to surprise both of you."

Just one look at Aiden with his calm yet somethings-off smile gives me vibes that he has plans that would be annoying for me and Ashlyn.

As soon, as Ashlyn FINALLY came out of the bathroom, she sat beside me at the dining area. And without question, feels a little uneasy about Aiden's smile at both of us.

Daniel: "Sorry for coming on such short notice. Aiden told us Ben, him, your son and your daughter have been FAST FRIENDS and so we wanted to come and introduce ourselves-"

Before he can continue, both Mike and Emma start to cough alot, shocked by the news that Ashlyn has friends other than me, especially fast friends. Also, son?

Jessica: "Oh my, are you two alright?"

Mike: "Don't mind us, go on."

Emma: "Y-Yeah, sorry."

I then try to explain myself.

Carter: "Um, excuse me, but I am not their son. I'm just Ashlyn's friend."

Daniel: "I see. Well, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding."

Carter: "Its alright, Mr. Clark."

Daniel: "Thank you. Anyways, I was just sayong that we're happy to see Aiden and Benny fitting in. We move around a lot so Aiden's always been homeschooled and even for Ben, its been a whike since he's gone to public school."

Mike: "Oh, thats exciting, are you guys having fun?"

Aiden: "Yep, especially with the fieldtrip."

...Wait...

Carter: Dont tell me...

Aiden: "I thought it'd be fun for Ashlyn to come along too..."

...Knew it...

This makes the Banner parents confused.

Emma: "What fieldtrip?"

Both me and Ashlyn give the smiling Aiden a death glare, as Ben just eats some snacks.

Jessica: "Oh, you dont know? The kids have this group history project about Savannah."

Mike: "Oh right, Ash was talking about that earlier."

Daniel: "Their teacher also planned a field trip to Savannah for the project. It'll be an overnight trip, though."

It was an overall boring chatter, and both me, Ashlyn, and Emma can agree on that.

TIMESKIP

Before leaving, Aiden hands Ashlyn a permissoon slip.

Carter: So thats why he grabbed a second slip...

Aiden: "Here. In case you decide you want to go. It was nice meeting you Mr. and Ms. Bamner."

He waves us goodbye and walk away.

All of us sit at the chairs in the living room.

Mike: "Well they were nice."

Emma: "I thought it was never going to end."

Ashlyn: "I don't know about you guys but imma go get ready for bed."

Carter: "Yeah, I need to go back home too."

I stand up, and start to exit the house.

Emma: "Bye Carter. Come visit again whenever you can."

Mike: "Yeah, Ash needs a friend to talk to anyway."

Ashlyn: "DAD! Anyways, see you tomorrow, Carter."

Carter: "Cya too, Ashy!"

TIMESKIP

I enter back inside my home.

Carter: "Home sweet home... minus the sweet part, but oh well."

I enter the bedroom, and place my stuff aside.

I turn my treadmill on 80%, as I run on it while scrolling through social media.

It was a habit and hobby of mine to use the treadmill before sleeping. It helps me relax a bit.

Carter: "That Aiden guy, he seems like he's fun and annoying to be with. And Ben too, he is silent, but something tells me not to mess with him. I'll trust my instincts for now."

After about 30 minutes of nonstop running, I turn the treadmill off, take a shower, and head to bed.

Carter: "Tomorrow better be interesting..."

TIMESKIP

LOCATION:
[OUTSIDE SCHOOL GROUNDS]

I walk beside Ashlyn, while Aiden and Ben follow.

Aiden: "I'm so glad you both decided to come!"

Carter: Yeah, I'm sure you are...

Aiden: "You made it seem like you weren't gonna go."

I mean, after how pushy you are when wanting Ashlyn to join, who wouldn't?

I then hear a familiar voice.

Tyler: "Hey get your own!"

Taylor: "But I left mine at home, please Ty!"

Tyler: "No!"

Logan can be seen in the background, calling someone.

Carter: "Looks like everyone came."

Ashlyn: "Atleast you're here."

Just then, sir Thomas Walter speaks.

Sir Thomas: "Alright, everyone start filling onto the bus. We're getting ready to leave for Savannah in T-minus 5."

...I have a bad feeling about this...