hut

I awake in the night. Its freezing. I look in my backpack for anything to cover me. I only find the gloves with holes. I guess its better than nothing. I put the gloves on. Small and big holes are everywhere. The left glove is missing its entire pinky. You have got to be kidding me. I hear the anthem. I look at the sky the see the fallen tributes screen. Cora district 2. She stands with her side to the camera as she looks into the lens proud to be there. I look on as it changes to Sams picture. He looks into the camera emotionless. Sam district 9. Now everyone knows I'm alone. I arrange the backpacks around me to shield me from the cold. I close my eyes and fall back asleep. I awake to the sun shining in my face. The rain has finally stopped, leaving behind a world washed clean by the storm. Even though the sun its out its still cold. Not as cold as last night though. I must build some shelter today or else I could die in this cold. I walk through the wheat over to the forest. I avoid the places where they died. I fill his backpack up with branches and some vines. I walk back. its already lunch. I can't afford to eat now. I must work while it's still somewhat warm. I bind the branches together using the vines. I press them into the wet ground. I form it around the hill. I save some branches to build a door. I tie the roof down as strong as I can. I use the dirt that the rain made into mud to smear onto my wooden structure. As its getting dark I cut some wheat and tie it on to the wooden roof. When it's dark I'm left with a shitty hut. Hopefully it will help. I sit in the dark eating my corn. I long after the lake. Its comforting waves. Its protection. I don't know why. I don't know why I want to stay in the lake. Stay on the bottom. Dream away. I don't know why. I don't know why I don't know why.