chapter 11

~the date~
~POV Niall~

We are driving somewhere but no clue to where. When we arrive I see the beach. "A beach walk?" I ask. "Yeah!" Liam says excitedly. "Sounds great!" I say with a smile.

We start talking about school and stuff. "What do you wanna do when you're old enough?" I ask him. "Don't know. I love being around kids, but I am just not sure yet," he answers. "What did you want to become when you were my age?" Liam asks me.

"At school, I was the nerd, but the kind of nerd that didn't get bullied. The one that got paid to do someone else's homework. I saved it up and still have some of it. I had no clue what to become, and now I am one of the best house sellers," I answer. "So you had no idea?" He asks. "Not a clue," I say. "You can do whatever you want when you're old enough," I tell him.

"How did you grow up?" Liam asks me. "We did not have much money. I went babysitting like you to make extra money. That's why I spoil the kids, but also say no sometimes. I care a lot about them, but since I grew up poor, is it only fair to not give the kids everything," I tell Liam.

"When I am at school, I just disappear to everyone," liam says. "I hate it there. I don't belong in their popular group, but I don't belong with the nerd either. I am the easy target," liam says. "What about your friends?" I ask. "They're the best, really! It is just that sometimes I wonder if they are my real friends or just use me," he says.

"Without them, you wouldn't have this job! We probably didn't even meet each other," I say. "That is true!" He says with a smile. "About school. Your school asked me to come by and give a class about money," I say. "Really? That's awesome!" Liam tells me. "The girls at school can learn from it!" He says. "Only if you're okay with it!" I say. "Totally!" He says.

We go to the restaurant on the beach. "What do you want, niall?" Liam asks me. "The pizza pepperoni," I say. "I take the lasagne!" Liam says. "Wanna come over at my place?" I ask Liam. "Don't you wanna go to the movies?" He asks. "We'll watch a movie at mine?" I ask him. "Sounds like a plan," he answers.

We order our food and talk more. After dinner, Liam drives us home. I pick out a movie, and we lay down on the couch. "Thanks, Niall," liam suddenly says. "For what?" I ask. "Giving me a change," he answers. "Thank Zayn for it. I didn't think you were good for the job, but zayn convinced me to look at your stuff, and then I told him to get your ass here," I tell him. "Still, thanks," he says. "You're welcome, I guess," I say.