YEAR 4, CHAPTER 1 - The Burrow:

chosen girl
emma golbach x harry potterr
year 4, chapter 1

The Golbach and Brock apartment was not what Harry was expecting. Thanks to stories Emma had told him, he expected things talking about ghosts on the walls. Or Paranormal. Instead, anything on the wall were pictures of family and friends.

It was clear Emma Golbach had missed it.

"Home!" Emma sighed as she walked in. "God, I've missed this."

"It's so cool!" Harry grinned as he looked around. "Thanks for letting me stay, Mr Golbach, Mr Brock."

"Sam and Colby!" Sam called as he went towards the stairs. "We do not like informalities."

"Right, noted."

That night, they all sat eating some KFC that they'd ordered. Emma had graciously pointed out to Harry some days they were just too lazy to cook.

"Wait," Sam's eyebrows furrowed. "When in first year did you two meet?"

"The train," the couple in question chimed in unison.

"By the way," Emma tilted her head and gave a lopsided grin. "Remus Lupin says hi."

"Oh my god!" Colby's jaw dropped. "I remember him!"

"James Potter was my father," Harry added.

"Oh," Sam glanced at him. "I'm sorry for.."

He waved it off. "I'm alright."

The chat turned into anything from Hogwarts, but took a dark turn when Emma asked about the custody problem.

Harry could instantly tell Emma was anxious, and he intertwined their hands under the table.

"We managed to get her to push it back," Sam said slowly. "But, it'll be Christmas this year or the end of the school year."

"Hey," Harry squeezed her hand when Emma looked at her lap. "I'm right here, it's alright."

She nodded once.

"Emmy," he raised her head to look at him. "It'll be okay, I swear."

"You owe me five bucks," Colby's voice brought them over. He was looking at Sam.

"You bet on- of course you did," Emma sighed, rolling her eyes.

"Yes, yes we did," Sam pouted. "You made me loose, Em."

"Yeah, yeah."

"The Burrow!"

Emma and Harry arrived together, stepping out. They, along with Sam, were heading to the Burrow. Sam was going to meet Molly Weasley, and the other two were staying there for the rest of the holidays.

"EMMA! HARRY!"

"Ginny!" Emma squealed as the younger girl embraced her. "How are you?"

"I'm good!" Ginny nodded. "Better, now that another girl's here!" She noticed Sam. "Is this your Dad?"

"Yeah," Emma turned to him. "Dad, this is Ginny Weasley. Gin, this is my Dad!"

"Nice to meet you," Ginny smiled happily. "Harry, Emma, I'll let Ron know you're here."

"Is Mione?" Harry asked.

"Not yet, she comes tomorrow," Ginny replied brightly.

"Dad," Emma grinned at him. "I'll introduce you to Mrs Weasley."

"Mrs Weasley!"

"Oh, Emma!" Molly went over to her and hugged her. "How are you, dear? How are you and Harry?"

"We're good," Emma laughed. She stepped back and gestured to Sam. "Mrs Weasley, this my Dad. Dad, this is Mrs Weasley!"

"Sam Golbach," he shook her hand.

"Molly Weasley."

"Harry! Emma!"

"Hey Ron!" The two replied as Ron appeared, throwing his arms around their shoulders on each side.

"Can I steal Emma?" Ginny asked, grabbing her arm. "Thank you!"

"What?" The Golbach girl laughed.

"Did you hear about the dress robes?" Ginny asked, jumping up and down. "Mum got me a dress recently! I wonder what it's for."

Emma smiled back. "I don't know, but I asked my Dad to take me shopping for one - because I don't really have my Mom. He was so excited, and Uncle Colby took Harry to get a suit."

"What does the dress look like?"

Emma grabbed her phone and showed her.

"Oh my god, Emma, it's beautiful!" Ginny squealed, staring at it.

The dress was floor-length and lavender purple, Emma's favourite colour. 3D flowers were embroidered into the skirt and it came with a detachable cape.

When she had tried it on, she knew it was the one she wanted. Sam had geared up as he looked at her in it - she was fourteen and not the little baby that would curl up against him.

"I love it," Emma said softly. "I really hope I get to wear it."

"I hope you do, too," Ginny smiled. "Did you bring it?"

"I did. It's in my suitcase," she shrugged. "Dad and I agreed I'll keep it safe at school."

"Emma, Ginny, come on!" Mrs Weasley called.

"Coming!" They both called back, running over.

Emma sat down beside Sam and Harry, engaging the conversation. This was her second family.

APRIL SPEAKS:

hi