YEAR 3, CHAPTER 8 - Snape and Bad News:

chosen girl
emma golbach x harry potter
year 3, chapter 8

The week after the day was the worst of Emma's life.

Not only did Harry begin ignoring the others, but she got a letter from her father. It sent chills down her back whenever she thought about it - and she wanted to tell Harry before any of them.

One night, Emma was helping with him with homework. He was getting better, and he had noticed the way she would start shaking and her eyes welled with tears.

It turned out Sirius Black was Lily and James' best friend and betrayed them, and was also Harry's godfather. He was the one that sold them to Voldemort.

Emma felt bad for him.

"That's enough homework for me," Harry decided, leaning back.

"Hmm?" She glanced up. "Oh right. I'll...I'll finish up."

"Emmy?" He murmured, noticing the way she was frozen but still shaking again. It hurt him. She was normally so happy, and here she was, shaking and keeping something in. He sat beside her.

"What's up, Em?"

"N-nothing," she replied shakily.

"Emma, please," he reached over and took the pen from her hand - she insisted on using pens - setting it on the table. "What's going on?"

She buried her face in her hands and began to sob.

"Emma.." he hopped from his armchair to the couch beside her.

She brought out a letter and handed it to him. Harry opened it and began reading.

Hey Emma.

It's your dad. And...I'm shaking writing this. This is the worst news I've received since I got to have you.

Your mother has filed for full custody. I don't know what to do. I can't loose you.

A pit appeared in Harry's stomach. He knew why Emma's father had full custody instead of shared with her mother. Because her mother wanted to focus on her singing more than her child.

He also knew if her mother won this new custody battle, Emma would stop attending Hogwarts. She'd loose him, Hermione, Ron, Ginny and everyone in between.