Chapter 9

Samuel's POV

Audrey and I have been together for 4 months now, and things couldn't get any better. We still live in separate houses, but I'm thinking of asking her about moving in with one another. Right now Jake and I are on our way over to Audrey's house. We're supposed to be having dinner and watching a movie over there. Audrey said her mom is going to stop by too, so it should be a great night. Once we got there, Jake and I went around back, and in through the back door. I set my keys down on the stand by the door, and walked into the kitchen. At this point Jake was already upstairs playing with Katie. I walked over to Audrey, who was washing her hands at the sink, and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Hey baby." I said kissing her cheek.

"Hi honey!" She said turning around, and hugging me.

"It smells really good in here. Whatcha making?" I said pulling away.

"Well I made fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and green beans. And with the chicken the kids can have Mac & Cheese and French fries. Oh and there's rolls too!" She said smiling.

"I can't wait to try all of it! I'm sure it taste great!" I said leaning against the counter.

"I hope so." She sighed.

"Hey, you okay?" I said concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She said nodding her head quickly.

"I need to go upstairs for a minute." She said taking off.

I turned everything off on the stove so it won't burn, and I walked upstairs to her room.

"Audrey?" I said walking in.

""Samuel just give me a minute okay?" She said. I could tell she was crying.

I walked over to the other side of her bed, as saw her sitting on the ground. She had her knees pulled to her chest, and her head rested on top of them. I quickly sat down in front of her.

"Baby please talk to me. I just want to know what's going on, so I can help you. Please." I said softly.

"I'm scared.." She sniffled

"Scared of what Aud ?" I asked

"Scott."

"Scott? He hasn't bothered you since Katie's first day of school. Has something happened since then?"

"No. But I just...he...every time Katie and I are happy again, he ruins it. And I really don't want to move again. I can't leave you and Jake. I'm scared he's going to hurt us again. And we'll have to leave, but I don't want to hurt you." She said crying even harder.

"Baby.." I said wrapping my arms around her back and pulling her to me. She leaned against my body, and clamped onto my shirt.

"I'm not going to let anything happen to you and Katie. I promise you that. You and Katie mean the world to Jake and I. And if you felt like you had to leave, Jake and I would definitely be going with you." I said running my fingers through her hair, and pushing it out of her face.

"I couldn't ask you and Jake to move." She said more calmly

"You don't have to. We're going wherever you go, okay?"

"Okay." She said taking a deep breath.

"Let's go wash your face okay?" I said picking her up and takin her in the bathroom. I set her down on the counter and got a wash cloth out of the cabinet. I ran some warm water over the rag, and began softly wiping her face.

"There we go! All better." I said smiling.

"I have no makeup on!" She laughed

"I like you better that way!" I said standing in between her legs.