Chapter 8

Audrey's POV

I was really excited to see Samuel this this morning, but when I dropped Katie off, I saw Jake was already there. As I was walking outside, someone picked me up from behind and spun me around.

"What in the world!" I screamed

"Hey beautiful." Samuel whispered in my ear.

"Hi." I smiled turning around

My heart skipped a beat when I looked up at him, and realized he was still holding onto me.

"I can't wait to see you tonight!" He whispered in my ear, and kissed the side of my head.

"I can't wait to see you either." I said smiling at him.

He walked me to my car and hugged me again. He rested his chin on top of my head before kissing it.

"I would take you out for breakfast, but I've got to get some things ready for tonight."

"What do you have to get ready ?" I asked pulling back, and looking up at him.

"You'll see!" He smirked

"Oh my. You're not gonna tell me?"

"It's a surprise!" He said smiling at me.

"I guess I can wait."

"Be careful, I'll pick you up around 6:30?"

"6:30 it is. Oh my mom will be there to watch Katie, if you want to meet her you can...but you don't have to.." I said the last part quietly.

"I would love to meet your mom!" He said hugging me tighter.

"Alright, well I guess I'm gonna head out then!" I said pulling away.

"Okay. I'll see you later. Be careful please!" He said kissing my hand.

"I will, and you too." I said smiling.

"Oh hey, dress casual tonight. That way you'll be comfortable!" He said getting in his truck.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I put on a pair of jeans, a t-shirt, and some sandals. My hair is natural, and i applied little makeup. I walked downstairs and into the kitchen where my mom and Katie were.

"Hey guys!" I said smiling

"Mama you look pretty!" Katie said

"You look beautiful honey!" My mom said smiling.

"I look like I just woke up, and put shoes on!" I laughed

"I like that look!" Katie said

"Oh you do huh?" I said tickling her.

She couldn't stop laughing.

"MAMA STOP!!!" Katie said while laughing.

Mama walked out of the kitchen and I heard the front door close.

"Mom?" I yelled

"I'm right here Aud and your friend is here!" She said winking at me.

"Oh hey!" I smiled

"Hey!" He said hugging me.

He walked over, picked Katie up, hugged her, and kissed her cheek.

"Hey cutie!" He smiled.

"Hey!!" She laughed

"So are you okay with me taking your mom out tonight?" He asked putting her down.