第二十四

When Yeosang suggested he do something nice for Seonghwa without expectations, he was certain he could come up with something, no problem.

But now that he's here, in the bathroom with the large jacuzzi tub filled with steaming, scented bath water, he's not so sure.

Does Seonghwa even like baths?

Hongjoong himself loves baths, especially after a long, stressful day, so the elder should like one too, right?

Who doesn't like baths with sweet-smelling oil, candles, and soft jazz?

Granted, the oil is from Wooyoung's room which means it's sexy oil, the candles are proclaimed to have "aphrodiasical" properties, and the jazz music sounds like something from a late 70's porno, so maybe Hongjoong is completely inept at this...

"Expecting some alone time tonight?"

Hongjoong whips his head over to the doorway where Seonghwa is sitting, looking the scene over with obvious amusement.

"It's a little over the top for a good self-love session, but I'm not judging," his patient teases, a smile pulling on his lips.

"No, no," the nurse protests, "it's for you!"

Seonghwa frowns.

"For me? Why?"

"You were— upset earlier, so I thought I would do something nice for you," Hongjoong explains, gesturing around sheepishly.

He hopes this works.

He hopes his patient will see the thought behind it and not assume that Hongjoong is trying to belittle him in some manner.

"By drawing me a bath that smells like..." Seonghwa pauses to sniff the air, "strawberry champagne? With candles and baby-making music?"

Oh shit.

Hongjoong has severely miscalculated.

"It's not like that, hyung, I swear—"

Seonghwa snickers at the nurse's panic.

"You know you can't actually knock me up, right? The music is a little overkill."

"Hyung, this is not what it looks like. It's supposed to be soothing, you know? Soothing since you had a bad day. But I'm sorry and I'll just—"

Hongjoong is interrupted by Seonghwa rolling into the bathroom and coming to a stop right in front of him.

"You really did this because I was upset?"

"Yeah..."

Nodding, Seonghwa seems to consider this.

"And you were just going to let me take a bath in here and leave me alone to relax?"

Hongjoong swallows hard.

"Yeah."

"That's— really nice of you, Joong." Seonghwa smiles then, so genuinely pure, and the nurse feels himself falling hard all over again.