Chapter #42

Chapter #42

May 3rd 2022

Louri's POV

"Trash." I mutter when I am skipping through the channels on the hospital tv and see the Yankees game. "Wait, go back." Scarlett says. "It's not the Red Sox I ain't watching but enjoy." I say putting the game on for her. "What do you have against the Yankees?" She asks. "They're the Yankees." I say. "Yeah they're great." She says and I laugh. "What's so funny?" She asks. "You think the Yankees are great." I say laughing. "The Red Sox are far better." I say. "No they aren't." She huffs. "I'd rather watch a New York Mets game than a Yankees game." I tell her. "You did not just say that." She scoffs. "That's how much the Yankees suck." I say. "Take that back." She says. "Hell no." I tell her. "Take it back, you'll jix the game." She says seriously. "The. Yankees. Suck." I say. "I'm serious Louri , take it back, you're jixing the game." She says when one of the Yankee players strikes out. "Nope they will lose either way." I say "Louri Dollese Evans-Johansson take it back!" She says sternly. "Fine, I take it back." I say and shortly after they score making me roll my eyes. "See you did jix it because after you took it back they scored." She cheers then Maya says something neither of us expect. "I like the Royals." Maya states and Scarlett looks insulted. "How do you know the Royals?" I ask. "Uncle Greggy." She says. "That KC born jerk." Scarlett says.

May 4th 2022

Scarlett's POV

I wake up to the sound of the Star Wars intro, oh lord it's begun. "May the fourth be with you Baby." Louri says when she sees that I'm awake. "Louri it's seven in the morning and I haven't had any coffee." I whine looking at the clock. "Well the weird twin went to get coffee." She says. "I didn't know Hunter was here." I say. "I say the weird twin and you immediately think of Hunter?" She laughs. "Yes." I say. "Be nice, he went to get you coffee." I hear Mom say from the chair behind me and I jump a little in surprise. "Ah! Hi mom. I didn't see you there." I say trying to calm my heart rate. "Sorry dear I didn't mean to startle you." Mom says softly. "It's fine Mom, I just didn't know you guys were coming." I say. "You haven't answered your phone." Mom says. "I've been a little busy, you know, taking care of my injured child." I say a little harsher than I meant. "Don't take that tone with me." Mom says. "Sorry I've just been stressed." I say grabbing her hand. "I know dear. It's why we're here so you can take care of Maya and not have to worry about the others." Mom says. "Hey sis you're up. May the fourth be with you." Hunter says handing me my coffee. "Are you wearing a star wars shirt?" I ask. "Of course." He says in a duh tone. "Lowd." Maya says curling further into me. "Sorry honey, we'll try to be quiet." Louri says, kissing her head. "Mommy I hurt." Maya says almost in a whimper. "I'll get a nurse." Hunter says and I nod. "Uncle Hunter went to get the nurse sweetie ok." I tell her. "Hey Maya it's Star Wars day so I put on the first one." Louri says which seems to cheer Maya up a little.

After the nurse came in and administered some pain meds Maya fell back asleep and we all watched Star Wars in silence. I notice Louri says some of the more famous quotes as they come on which is so cute I love my nerdy marine. "Mom, you will never believe what Louri said about the Yankees yesterday." I say and Louri groans, making me laugh and the debate begins.

"I'm from Boston. I will always back my team." Louri defends after a few hours of debate. "So there is no way to make you a Yankees fan?" Hunter asks. "No never." Louri says. "What if I paid you?" Hunter asks. "What? No!" Louri laughs at him. "Sis you are on your own with this one." He says. "It's a good thing I love her then huh." I say. "I love you too baby." Louri says before she leans over connecting our lips. "Ew." Hunter whines like a child. "Oh my god you are such a child." Louri says with a laugh. "Am not." He huffs just proving Louri's point. "He is so much like Chris." Louri says. "Agreed." I say before giving her another kiss. "You know there is a child between you two right?" He asks. "It's not like I stuck my hand down her pants." Louri says. "You see this thing on my finger. It's called a wedding ring. It means I can kiss Louri whenever I damn well please so just hush it." I say, causing Louri to smile.

A/N

I am from Kansas City and a Royals fan. Hunter is a giant kid. Anygays see you in the next one.