Chapter #43

Chapter #43

May 4th 2022

Scarlett's POV

After the third Star Wars movie Maya started to stir again. This time was a little happier when she woke up. "Hey sweetheart." Louri says. "Are you in any pain?" I ask. "Not anymore." She says. "Grandma Mel!" She cheers when she sees my mom. "Hi sweetie, how are you doing?" Mom asks. "I have my mommies so I'm good. Except the mean lady came the other day." Maya says. "Lisa?" Mom asks. "Yes I had her escorted out by my unit." Louri says. "Are you ok hun?" Mom asks me. "Yes I'm fine they kicked her out pretty fast." I tell her. "Good I'm glad that you are ok." Mom says. "Hey sorry if we are interrupting anything but Louisa wanted to see her twin." Lizzie says as she enters the room with Louisa on her hip.

Louri's POV

When Lizzie walked in with Louisa a giant smile appeared on Maya's face. "Louisa!" Maya says excitedly. "Hi sissy how do you feel?" Louisa asks as she is placed in front of Maya on the bed. "Otay I itchy but Mommy says that I have to have them to heal." She says showing her stitches. "I missed you sissy." Louisa says and I move so they can sit together. "I missed you too." Maya says and they cling to each other and after a little bit they fall asleep cuddled together. "I don't think they have ever been separated from each other this long before." Scarlett says. "Now that I think about it. I think you are right." I say. "Scarlett and I used to be like that. We always had to be near each other." Hunter says. "I think it's a twin thing." Scarlett says as she gets up to hug her brother.

"Hello?" I say answering the phone without looking at whose calling. "Did Lizzie and Louisa get there? Lizzie didn't text me to say that she got to the hospital safely." Robbie's voice comes through the phone. "Yeah she's here. The girls are cuddled together taking a nap." I say. "Ok thank you, have a good day. Oh thank you Devon. Yes we will play the guitar. Louri I've got to go Liz taught him the head tilt and I'm scared." Robbie says and hangs up. "Why is your hubby calling me?" I ask Lizzie. "Because I left my phone in the car on accident." Lizzie says. "And you taught Devon the head tilt?" I ask and she smirks. "He's really good at it too." She says proudly. "Never thought I'd be scared to piss off a seven year old." Hunter laughs. "Yeah, the head tilt is scary." I say. "The head tilt scares you?" Hunter asks, not believing me. "Yes it's terrifying." I say. "But you are a Marine. You get shot at for a living." He says. "Hunter." Scarlett warns "We don't talk about my job around the kids so please don't say that plus it makes Scarlett uncomfortable." I say but Hunter sticks his foot in his mouth again. "She's seen worse than you getting shot. Weren't you on a video call when a mortar landed just feet from you?" He asks and Scarlett bolts out of the room. "Hunter I want you gone before Scarlett and I are back" I growl before taking off after Scarlett.

⚠️Panic Attack⚠️

Scarlett's POV

"The head tilt scares you?" Hunter asks, not believing Louri. "Yes it's terrifying." She says. "But you are a Marine. You get shot at for a living." He says. "Hunter." I warn my dumbass twin. "We don't talk about my job around the kids so please don't say that plus it makes Scarlett uncomfortable." Louri scolds him lightly but my twin continues to be an idiot and sticks his foot in his mouth again. "She's seen worse than you getting shot. Weren't you on a video call when a mortar landed just feet from you?" He asks and I bolt out of the room. I can't breathe fuck are the walls closing in? "Ma'am? Are you ok?" I hear a voice ask as I am guided to a room. "No, I can't breathe." I say clawing at my neck as images of Louri sent flying by the mortar invade my mind. "Scarlett honey?" I hear Louri call out. "Are you Scarlett?" The voice asks and I nod. "Do you want whoever that is? They look pretty worried." They ask. "Yes." I am able to get out then I hear the person call Louri over. "Thank you nurse I've got it from here." I hear Louri say. "Hey it's ok I'm right here." Louri says, wrapping her arms around me which helps me relax instantly. "Do you want me to take them off?" She asks when she sees me tracing her tags. "No it's ok. I just didn't know he'd say that." I tell her. "Yeah, he needs to work on his filter." She chuckles. "Can he leave?" I ask. "Already kicked him out." She says. "I just want to say I'm sorry." Hunter says walking into what I realize is the staff break room. "OUT!! GET OUT!!" I snap at him not wanting to see his stupid face. "Hunter, I told you to go." Louri says lowly.

A/N

Don't worry Scarlett will be ok and Hunter will redeem himself. Anygays see you in the next one.