Chapter 2.

"I'm back every one!!!!!" I screams as I made my way to my room, my heart screaming in joy.

There's no place like home.
I've missed home so much, especially my room, the only place you can find the real ' Novella Roy'

Immediately I got to my room I quickly jump onto my bed, and roll from one corner to another as I drown in self happiness.

"I really really missed you teddy" I say, hugging my teddy bear so tight as I inhaled it cinnamon scent.

" Nov!!" Dad calls from the living room.

" Yes papa.." I answer with a groan.

" Come down for dinner when you're done freshening up, okay?? "

" Okay " I reply and quickly climb off my bed.

I should be unpacking my stuffs but I'm not cause I'll be leaving for college tomorrow.

Everyone talks about college, like it's a place where every good thing in the world lives in... But it's not just all the good things in the world, also the bad ones that easily influence one's life.

College is a life changer and it's up to everyone to decide what change he or she wants...

And I'm so scared, cause I don't know what I'll end up deciding for myself once I get there... cause Dad and Aunty jenny won't be around to coach me.. it's just I and my friends who doesn't even know what's right nor wrong...

Gosh!!!
I'm so scared to leave home but I have to...
I can't stay with Dad forever.... Never.

I have to learn how to survive alone...
How to make good decisions for myself...
How to carter for myself, cause one day Dad won't be around to do all those things he used to do for me.

And it'd just be me, myself and I.

Pushing behind the fearful thoughts of college, I hurried to the bathroom and went into the shower.

As soon as the cold water Hits my skin, I sigh in relief as my muscles relaxes and all my fears and worries disappears into the thin air and I just stood under the shower listening to the sound of my heartbeat and the sound of water dropping on the floor.

" Novella!! " Dad's voice echoes in the hallway, starling me " How long would it take you to freshen up and join us for dinner??" He yells.

" Twenty minutes, papa and I'll be right there with you guys" I reply and he didn't respond.

Quickly I got off the shower, dry up my hair and then got dressed in a red robes.

Murmuring a lullaby to myself, I walked down stairs and join them at the dinning.

They were having a cool conversation when I got there, which is quite surprising, like they never seize teasing each other especially my father, guess my childish threat sank in to his head.

" This taste so delicious" I moan delightfully with a mouthful of macaroni and cheese." But not delicious as that of mom" I add and Dad's expression changes to a hurtful one. 

I was ten when she died, she died in a fatal car accident on her way to work.

Since her exit Dad hasn't been himself yet, he cries almost everytime about his lost love.

I just pray God gives him a second chance to love another woman that would love him just like Mom.

" It's awful" Aunty jenny makes an awful face trying to ease the heavy atmosphere surrounding us.

Dad ignores.
His face void from emotions.

" I'm sorry Dad, I didn't..."

" Just eat up and go have some rest. " he cuts in, and I nod obediently and start rushing over my food.

After dinner I rush back to my room feeling sad for ruining tonight's dinner.

Scolding myself continuously, I lay on my bed and shut my eyes.

To be continued.