33| Chuck's Message

Take Me To Church
Chucks Message (Chpt. 33)
———

Peaceful snores escape Salem as she sleeps peacefully on the couch across the rooms from her siblings. They had insisted on giving her the bed, but she hadn't taken the couch in ages and disagreed, telling her brothers they should take it instead. So she laid sound asleep on the couch, eyes closed and mouth wide open.

Her brothers snored too, together making an annoying yet peaceful sound that echoed through the room. Salem enjoyed when her brothers would snore. It was what let her sleep at night. Knowing they were snoring meant they were breathing- which meant they were alive. And when the snoring stops, she'd trained herself to wake with start.

But today, it wasn't the lack of snoring that woke her up or the smell of spicy burritos flooding the room, but rather a loud and obnoxious nock that pounded in the door.

The middle Winchester shot up, her brothers doing the same, then reached the gun of the floor beside her. As she stretched for the weapon just barely out for her reach, she fell to the floor, letting out a grunt that accompanied the thud.

Her brothers ignored her, grabbing their guns, Dean staying back as Sam approached the door. Salem finally stood, clutching her gun, and coming up beside Dean. They watched with weary eyes as Sam opened the door cautiously.

In the moment the door creaked open, Salem was washed over with hope. She knew deep down it couldn't have been Castiel, for he had no need to knock, yet the hope still bubbled in her chest. Until Sam spoke.

"Lady, are you alright?" He asked, his voice dry and deep from a long night of snoring.

"Sam?" She says, her voice chipper and loud, "is it really you?"

Salem tightens the grip on her gun, furrowing her brows as Sam glances back confused. Dean exchanges a look with his brother before watching as Sam gets shoved aside.

A short blonde enters the room, eyes shining with curiosity as she takes in her surroundings. "You know you're much taller than I thought you'd be." She says to Sam, "and much more handsome." She smiles.

"Who the hell are you exactly?" Salem asks, furrowing her brows, finger threatening the trigger on her gun.

"Salem!" The blonde says, "you have no idea how lucky you are going around and fighting monsters with such attractive men."

"They're my brothers." Salem says disgustedly.

"Answer the question." Dean hisses.

"Dean!" The blonde shouts. Her expression falls as her eyes land on him. "You're not quite what I pictured."

"Lady!" Salem shouts, gaining her attention. "Who the hell are you?"

"Do we know you or something?" Sam adds, pinching the bridge of his nose.

She shakes her head, laughing slightly. "No," she says simply. "But I know you!"

"Sam, what the-"

"I have no clue." He says, looking down at the blonde before him. He stared at her nervously as she beamed, reaching a hand out to touch his left peck. He swats her hand away.

"Hey." Dean says. "Who. Are. You?" He asks. He's now waving his gun in the air as he speaks, making the blondes eyes widen. But she just smiles as if being threatened by Dean Winchester was all she's ever wanted.

"I'm Becky!" She says, glancing between the three siblings. "Mr Edlund sent me." She says.

"Chuck... sent... you?" Salem asks, raising an eye brow. She loosens the grip on her gun, watching from the corner of her eye as Dean does the same.

"Okay, Becky, why did he send you?" Sam asks, pleasing the girl as she spoke to face him. She wore a large grin.

"He's got a message." Her frown fades. "But he's being watched- angels- good change by the way, demons were getting old."

"Becky!" Salem shouts. The blonde jumps, but snaps out of it.

"Right!" She says, shaking her head and trying to focus.  "He says that Micheal's blade is here on earth."

"Micheal's blade?" Salem repeats. Her face lights up with joy before she can stop it. The news makes its way to her ear and she becomes delighted despite Dean's skepticism.

He crosses his arms and furrows his brows, looking at Becky while Salem exchanges an excited look with her brothers.

"That's incredible."

"No it's not." Dean responds. "If Chuck knows where is is then so do the Angels, and they're going to be looking for it too."

Becky nods. "He says it's in a castle..." she trails off trying to recall his exact words. "On a hill or forty two dogs." She snaps her fingers as the words come to her.

"Hill of forty two dogs?" Sam asks. "Becky, that makes no sense."

She only shrugs and sighs, shaking her head ever so slightly. "It's what he said." She responds quietly. "I memorized each words just for you guys. Guess I'm pretty important now- if it weren't for me, you never would've got the message."

"Yeah, thanks Becky," Salem says, waving a hand at her dismissively "but you can go now, we need to figure out what it means." She still wore a smile on her face from the exciting news.

The blonde frowns. "I can help."

Dean shakes his head, sticking a hand out and stopping her before she can continue. "Becky, you've been helpful... ish, but you need to go, we can take it from here."

"But-"

"Becky." Sam finally says. His voice is loud and annoyed, yet Becky listens to it much better than she had the others. Her shoulders slump and she crosses the room, leaving through the door and shutting it beside her.

When they hear the latch, Sam quickly locks the door before turning to his siblings. Silence settles in the room for just a moment before Salem breaks it.

"We need to talk to Bobby." She says, earning the attention of both Sam and Dean. "Because we're going to find this fucking sword."

Ahh! Sorry for the late update

Ahh! Sorry for the late update. I've been extremely busy due to Track and when I've had free time, I've been working on Fics I Haven't touched in a long time and didn't want to lose motivation by writing for this one. I'm also working on A Baldur's Gate fic and just trying to balance everything. Hope the wait was worth it!

—Kaitlyn