44

Her Point of View

Code?

Think, Haera. You probably know this.

Think of the goddamn code!

My eyes closed from the pain that was traveling inside my body.

"This is the vault that has been passed from generation to generation of our family, Haera."

Father's voice suddenly echoed in my head. A blurry image came into my head with my father in front of me, walking towards a large metal door with protective technologies surrounding the door.

"This cannot be opened by just anyone."

Am I dreaming?

I couldn't differentiate reality from my dream already. It was as if I was sleeping, I could feel my own blood hugging my own body and exhaustion came with it too.

"Only us--our blood, can open it."

What?

No. It's not a dream.

It's a memory.

"Just a drop of blood from your finger can open it."

Oh my, God.

Yes.

Blood.

Blood opens the door.

My blood.

My cursed blood.

I opened my eyes. I was ready to reveal the answer.

"You have no more time left, Haera." Diego spoke in front of me and pointed a gun to my heart. "Answer before I lose patience and make your heart stop beating." He added, his face serious.

I looked at his face. I examined him. He was serious and I know that he's ready to end my life. Something in my body is pushing me to say something—say the truth. I wanted to stop it but I could feel the rushing pain traveling through my veins. "Bl—"

No, Haera.

A gun will not scare you.

"What is it, sweetie? Out with it." Diego's voice was soft, like a hum from the wind. But it was scary too. It was the voice of a manipulative dictator.

I went closer to his ear. He was nodding in approval and telling me that it was the right thing to do. I thought of my final decision before I finally spoke. "You will never know the code, even if you swear to kill me now." I murmured in his ear.

"Tu puta madre!" Diego cursed. His hand landed on my chest and pushed me away.

I landed on my back. The aching pains from my wounds dominated my senses. The truth serum was not doing me any good too. It was torture to feel every sensation from the existing and non-existing wounds in my body.

"Kill her." Diego ordered. His men were instantly around my body.

"Diego," Jaehyun called. "if you kill her then we will never know the answer to the vault." He added.

"Damn it!" Diego pulled his gun's slide and shot one of his men.

The room went silent.

The only sound that echoed through the room was his worker's body that made impact with the wooden floor.