❖ Chapter 6

-----------------------------------------------------------

Ruby Calista's eyes blinked several times, her brain still processing what Orter had just told her.

"What?"

"You didn't hear; quickly sign this letter, and we will get married now." Calista's beautiful face, which was originally flat, has now become less relaxed because of what Orter wants from her.

"Don't joke with me, Mr. Madl; it's not funny."

"I am not kidding, and I'm not playing around about it." Orter handed several documents to Calista.

Calista read carefully what was written on the paper. And sure enough, it was a marriage application letter; Orter had even signed it and given his family's seal. Ruby Calista's eyes stared at Orter sharply; she didn't expect her ex-fiancé to become this crazy during the seven years they were apart. Calista was silent while holding the document; she felt a rush of confusion inside her.

What should she do now?

Calista knows very well that if she accepts this marriage with Orter, then there will be bigger problems.

Seven years ago, during the intercontinental financial crisis, her father's company suddenly experienced huge losses. They even had to liquidate some of their valuable assets. Calista still clearly remembers when Orter's father came to their family and unilaterally broke off Calista and Orter's engagement.
At that time, Calista was really devastated because she really loved the nerdy man who she was now starting to be able to get along with. Orter's father came to Calista and whispered in her ear.

"You only interfere with my son's success; you are no longer useful." This was the first time Calista shed tears; the pain in her heart was very painful, even more painful than a wound that was bleeding.

When Calista's family sat together in the living room, her father suddenly slapped his daughter. Calista endured the pain on her face; she really didn't know what she did wrong.

"Get out of here, you useless, stupid girl." Like falling down a ladder, all those words hurt Calista's fragile heart.

The Cleamon family tightly closed the gate to their house for Calista. For weeks, Calista was wasted on the streets; she was even willing to do anything, including scavenging for trash to eat. Calista was really desperate; she wished she would die right then and there. So that he is free from all the pain and suffering she has received.

Under the heavy rain, Calista was able to take shelter under the roof of a small shop, which was closed at the time. Even though she had taken shelter, her body was still covered in rainwater. Calista was so cold that her body seemed to have turned pale, and this time she really wished she would die.

Ruby's eyes widened when she saw a light figure giving her an umbrella. His handsome face and friendly smile were like a light for Calista. Ryoh Grantz is a very famous actor; in fact, he has become the idol of everyone in this country. At that time, Ryoh took young Calista to his house.