❖ Chapter 2

-----------------------------------------------------------

"It hurts to see the one you really love loves someone else. But it hurts even harder when you find out that you were just their bridge to cross over to their loved ones."

— Danielle Jamesen, Silent Obsession

-----------------------------------------------------------

______________________________________

Breaking News

Several bodies of murder victims have been found near a homeless camp. This case has occurred for the fifth time this month. The police are still having difficulty finding the person behind the serial murders.

______________________________________

Calista was silent, listening to the news on television. Lately, cases like this have happened frequently. She became curious about why the perpetrator did this, because all the victims found were homeless. Or maybe this is a conspiracy from the government, Therefore, it is difficult for the police to find traces of the mastermind behind this serial killer.

Calista became sympathetic to the innocent people who were victims of all this, Those who don't have any power are treated cruelly and tragically like this.

"Hey.. what makes you daydream?" Calista was surprised because her shoulder was patted by a man with purplish gray hair and distinctive dark skin.

"Rena, you surprised me..."

The man was named Ranatus Revol, the only son of one of the rulers of this city. In the past, Renatus was a naughty man who acted as he pleased, and often played with women to waste money. But since meeting Calista at school, all that has changed. Calista succeeded in getting the man back on the right path and they are now close friends.

Renatus saw the news that Calista was watching, he himself also knew about this case because it had happened frequently recently.

"It happens again?"

"Yeah, Rena do you think this is a conspiracy?"

"Em.. I don't know, I don't like thinking too much." Calista laughed a little because her friend hadn't changed much.

"By the way, what business do you have here?"

Renatus fell silent and started thinking.

"What did I come here to do?"

Calista laughed again because of Renatus' habit of always forgetting what he was doing. Renatus scratched his head because he couldn't remember what he had to say.