Part 7

Sharkys pov

A month has gone by since Kenny disappeared, and tbh I'm not scared anymore. Like yes he knew my secret, but it's not like he's gonna do anything about it.

Work has been a lot easier now since I don't have anyone lurking behind my back all the time. I can actually drink my coffee in peace now. No one bothering me.

I'm sat at the break room drinking coffee and eating some chocolate while watching some random stuff on my phone when I suddenly spot a bowl of fruit on the table.

Why not be a little healthy. I reach to grab it just to realize my arms are not long enough. I sigh and get off my chair to walk over to it.

I grab some grapes and walk back to my chair. I sit down and starts to gobble the grapes down. I stop when I realize my chocolates gone. Wtf?

I swallow my grapes and look around to see if it's any other people in here. I'm alone, that's weird. My chocolates couldn't just disappear in thin air. I could feel the hairs on my arms and neck rise.

I hurriedly grabbed my phone and walked out the break room. Ngl I'm kinda scared, what if there's some kind of ghost trying to kill me.

I look at the watch on my phone, 03:47. Four hours and fifteen minutes till my shifts done. What am I going to do? See this is why I don't like night shifts, there's nothing to do.

I decide to go to the bathroom, I need to relive myself and probably fix my durag in the mirror too. I walk thru the hallway, the keys in my pocket clinging while I walk. There's many windows in this hallway, I walk past one of them when I suddenly stop.

I walk back to the window. I swear I saw something. Meh probably nothing. I continue walking to the bathroom pretending that nothing happened.

I reach the bathroom, I do my thing and stare at myself in the mirror while washing my hands. I dry them before touching up my durag. I was alone in the bathroom. Every stall was empty.

"Ugh" I sigh. My durag keeps slipping between my fingers. It won't stay where I put it. I give up.

"You need help?"Someone asks I don't move. I just continue looking down at the sink. It's probably one of my coworkers. "I don't need help, thanks tho" I say, hoping that they will leave. I kinda wanna be alone now.

"You sure? I don't mind helping you, sweets" I freeze when I recognize the nickname. It's only one person who calls me sweets. Everyone just calls me sharks or doctor, but sweets is only used by him. Kenny.

I turn around fast meeting his face. He looks smirky at me, he's not wearing a uniform. Obviously because he escaped a month ago. He's wearing grey sweatpants and a black hoodie with a black durag.

God he's hot. What the fuck? Did I really just call him hot? I'm going crazy. "You okay?" I look up at Kenny again. Trying to get rid of my blushing cheeks.

"Why are you here?" I ask. He smiles at me. "I got bored. So I decided to visit my boyfriend." I just glare at him.

We both freeze when we hear footsteps coming closer to us. Kenny hurriedly locks himself into one of the stalls. My coworker walks in the bathroom smiling at me. "Hey sharky, you doing okay?" He asks.

"Yeah, I'm just fixing my durag. Are any of the patients awake?" I ask him. "Nah everyone is fast asleep, even vik." He says. "Who's vik?" I ask

The name seems unfamiliar for me. "Oh it's the new one. He's quite aggressive and kinda strong for being so small". He starts walking past me and over to the stall where Kenny is. Fuck fuck fuck.

He's close to opening it but.....he doesn't? Instead he reached down to the ground. He picked something up. It was then I remember that it was a bag there.

"I just forgot this. Bye shark" he says while walking out. Kenny comes out of the stall and looks at me while smiling. "So your name is sharky?" He laughs.