Chapter 23: Super Docy-docy Shit

The next day, at the rehearsals, none of those who had tackled Johnny Jacques Fernando Chaddha Whitman and his doggie cult could concentrate. One would expect that the dude had done some black magic on them, but the author just watched a movie about black magic and she's scared shitless, so she won't include that. 

"Focus, guys!" Seungmin slammed his copy of the script on his palm, "We gotta work!" 

Felix suppressed his dire urge to twerk while singing, "Work work work work work work!~" 

"I'm sorry," Ava apologized, "I'll reread my intro." 

As she held up the pages before her, and in an announcer voice, she began with a British accent, 

"Two houses, stranded amidst Verona/ The plight of our students, so we lay our scene/ This era was never affected by Corona/ A play like this, thou hasn't yet seen." 

"Okay, that's good," Jeongin nodded, "Except try to sound a little less Aussie." 

"I was... trying to sound... British," Ava was speechless. 

The three Aussies disapproved. 

"Okay, I'll go again," she cleared her throat, but one word in, she began coughing vehemently. 

"Get her some water, guys!" Seungmin spoke, and Felix climbed onto the stage with a bottle of water for her. She chugged down a few gulps, and then nodded, "I'll begi-" and she started coughing again. 

"Is she okay?" Jay questioned, and Jake opened his phone to Google why she was doing that. 

Wrong choice, Jake, very wrong choice. 

"Ava, are you good?" Chan asked her, climbing on the stage as well. 

Ava nodded, and Jake gasped loudly, "Oh, my gosh!" 

Hyunjin approached him, and he showed him his phone, and Hyunjin suddenly had tears in his eyes as he cried, "AVA, YOU HAVE PNEUMONIA!" 

"Huh?" Ava stopped coughing, and everyone looked at a horrified Jake and a sobbing Hyunjin surfing the symptoms on the internet. Jisung unlocked his phone for another Google search.

"Guys-" Changbin began, but Jisung gasped, his eyes widened at his phone's screen, "PEOPLE CAN DIE FROM PNEUMONIA! AVA, WE CAN'T LET YOU DIE!" 

"FOCK, WOT?" Hyunjin suddenly spoke like Harry Styles, "WE NEEDA PRAY!" 

Minho and Chan looked at each other, shrugging, and Seungmin sighed, holding his head in his hands in frustration as Hyunjin, Changbin, Jisung, Jake, and Jay sat on the ground, holding each other's hands. 

Jeongin had the most judgmental grimace on his face as Hyunjin began with the chant, "Repeat after me! Oh, Heavens above!" 

"Oh, Heavens above!" the rest chanted. 

"Bestow your blessings on Kim Ava!" 

"For she needs to live on to annoy Lee Minho!" 

"WHAT THE FUCK?" Minho commented from the sidelines, but the prayer circle was functioning better than the author's last brain cell.  

Hyunjin continued, "She may be the freakiest person around..." 

"She may be the freakiest person around..."

"But she has done no harm to Bang Chan's hairline and Lee Minho's eardrums yet!" 

"Y'all are just getting petty now," Chan sighed in despair. 

"GUYS!" Ava protested, her voice cracking due to whatever pneumonia or shneumonia she had (author's inner Punjabi coming through), "I'M NOT DYING!" 

"Are you hearing yourself, Ava?" Jisung retorted, "Your voice is cracking more than Hyunjin's ass crack." 

Please don't picture that, gosh, please don't. 

"HEY!" 

Ava faintly stepped toward the prayer circle, but as she walked down the stage, she found black dots clouding her vision, seizing the clarity of her vision, and the next thing she knew... she didn't, because she collapsed. 

"IS SHE DEAD?" some clown from the prayer circle yelled that, and the author is leaving it up to you to guess who that was. 

Minho ran over to her, followed by Chan, to check her pulse. Changbin approached them with the rest, and he questioned, "Minho, are you doing medicine, too?" 

"No, why?" 

"You're doing super docy-docy shit right now, it's freaking me out." 

"Docy-docy?" Jisung asked. 

"Doctor-doctor?" Changbin explained. 

"Dude, I'm just checking her pulse," Minho sighed. 

"Yeah! Super docy-docy shit." 

Minho sighed again, and then felt that her pulse was abnormal. He stood up and scooped her up in his arms, and Hyunjin and Jisung gasped in unintended unison. 

"Where are you taking her, Minho?" Chan questioned. 

"To the nurse's office. Tag along, if you want." 

(a/n: googling diseases is the most fucked up thing you can do, which is exactly why i do it 

HOW WAS THIS?? 

I released a new book called LOSE MY BREATH, so if y'all wanna give it a read, it's on my page! :D 

thanks for reading! i love you!)