Now it was no longer Sun Shijie who was in a hurry; Niu Liangguo had taken over the role. Everyone responded to the leader’s call. Even though they knew it was dangerous outside and didn’t want to go, they had to. Their food had been stolen, and they needed to retrieve it for their survival.

Ji Rong drove at full speed and returned to the encirclement of zombies.

The people who anxiously awaited their return didn’t expect them to come back so soon. They gathered around and saw Wen Qingling stepping out of the car, opening the trunk, and dragging a naked man onto the ground.

“Damn, my eyes!” Ji Rong covered his eyes.

Xiao Hen quickly stepped forward and stood in front of Wen Qingling, not wanting him to witness such a filthy scene.

Ji Rong was quite thoughtful. He jumped into a small inn by the road and pulled out a bedsheet from inside, tossing it over. Xiao Hen caught it and raised it to cover Fang Zhen. At least now they could see a bit.

Wen Qingling remained calm, completely unaffected. “Your transformation ability is quite useful. No wonder you’ve survived until now.”

Transformation ability: Waterman.

Indeed, there were many individuals with transformation abilities, but the vast majority only partially transformed their bodies. For example, Feng Yi’s arms transformed into large blades, which was a common ability. There were few who could fully transform their entire body. Wen Qingling only knew two people who possessed that ability: Fang Zhen and Luo Fengjue.

The transformation direction of Luo Fengjue’s ability is “Sandman.” He can transform into fine sand, hide in the soil, or use the wind to fly into the sky. Luo Fengjue despises this ability and usually relies on his weapons. Unless he’s on the verge of life and death, he won’t use his own ability. In his words, he doesn’t want to lose his equipment and be left defenseless.

As a fully transformed ability users, their greatest strength lies in escaping. It is difficult to capture or kill them, but on the flip side, their offensive power is relatively weak. In other words, it’s a double-edged sword—useful for assistance but not suitable for active attacks.

Fang Zhen tightened the sheet around his body. Seeing Wen Qingling, fear overpowered the pain in his shoulder. He realized he had experienced humble survival, ambitious aspirations, and a sense of accomplishment. He had fled and wandered for months but ultimately fell into Wen Qingling’s hands.

Fang Zhen felt that today might be his end, as the shadow left by Wen Qingling was still lingering. However, he wasn’t willing to die just like that. As long as there was a glimmer of survival, he didn’t want to die.

Trembling, he said, “I’ll cooperate. I’ll tell you anything you want to know, just spare my life.”

At such times, there was no need for Wen Qingling to force a confession. Fang Zhen would speak up voluntarily. He was indeed a cunning person who knew how to adapt to the situation.

Wen Qingling didn’t mention whether he would spare his life. He only asked if he had saved a woman named Xu Shengfei.

When Xu Shengfei was mentioned, Fang Zhen’s eyes turned red with hatred. “That woman, she’s too venomous. She’s a lunatic.”

Fang Zhen had known Xu Shengfei for a long time. It was because Meng Hua, the captain of the Ling City base, was powerful and influential in the post-apocalyptic world. Everyone admired strength, and many ability users wanted to achieve greatness by following a formidable captain like Meng Hua. Fang Zhen was no exception. However, when he went to join Meng Hua, he hadn’t met him yet, but he was attracted by the two beautiful women living with him.