"Of course it's okay, Mau. We're practically dating anyways. It'll be fine, hon, calm down." Taylor ran her thumb across Wynter's knuckles, trying to comfort the younger girl as much as she could.

Wade cleared his throat to gain his girlfriend's attention. "Just please remember, Em, you're dating me, not my family. So please don't walk away." He sighed before looking at Taylor and Wynter. "Same goes to you, Taylor. Whatever Fred may say or do, just remember Wynter isn't him."

Wade gave Emma a hug, giving Taylor and Wynter some privacy to talk. Taylor felt Wynter's heavy breathing before the brunette leaned in to whisper something.

"I know Wade asked you two to not walk away but it's okay if you do, Als. I'll understand if my fucked up family's too much. I don't want you to think you need to stay even if you can't anymore—"

The singer cut Wynter off with a soft kiss as it was the only way Taylor could think of to get her to shut up.

"I'm staying, Maureen. No matter what. Even if your father's the worst in the universe. I won't walk away. Like Wade said, I'm dating you, not your family. I won't leave you, okay?"

_______________

"This is it, Tay." Wynter said as she parked her car infront of the tall gates of her father's mansion. "You sure you wanna do this?"

Taylor let out a small chuckle at the younger girl's nervousness. She thinks there isn't a reason for Wynter to act this worried. "I'm more than sure, babe. Let's go, your brother and Emma's already out."

Despite them already riding the golf buggy to get to the gates of the mansion, Wynter still can't shake off this uneasy feeling in her stomach. She doesn't know if it's because it's the first time Taylor will see Frederick again after the accident, or it's her gut and instincts telling her to get the fuck out.

She doesn't know which is worse, but it's probably the fakest smile on Michelle's face when she opened the door.

"Maureen! Honey! It is so good to see that you finally made time to visit!" The older woman pulled Wynter into a forced hug that she didn't reciprocate at all.

She then moved onto Maverick, who awkwardly hugged her back, before finally addressing Taylor and Emma.

"You must be Taylor and Emma! I have seen you both on the TV and online a lot! I am sure you are both rich considering the amount of movies and songs you two had, right?" She said with a smile that Wynter swears is straight out of a horror movie.

"Can you just let us in?" Wynter answered instead, noticing the uncomfortable atmosphere her stepmom caused.

"Excuse me? That is no way to speak to your mother! Do you want me to tell your father?" Michelle threatened, her hands on her hips. Wade flashed his sister a look as if to tell her not to anger her more.

Wynter took a deep breath in, as if to control herself, before making eye contact with the older woman who was currently trying to hide a sadistic smile. "My apologies, stepmother. May we come in, please? It is getting cold."

Michelle smiled before nodding, motioning for them to come in.

At that moment, Wynter wanted to just leave and never see her childhood house and the people in it.

A soft squeeze on her hand as they were walking inside, changed her mind though. Knowing that Taylor was there helped keep her grounded.

She'll survive this hellhole. She has Taylor with her. She has to.

Michelle led them to the unethically large living room with a chandelier so big, it could kill them all if it were to fall. There, on the expensively leathered single-couch, Frederick was seated, with his attention focused on the television.