The Boy Who Loves Magic

With Rain distracted, Twilight and Sunset are free to start the search for the wisp of Equestrian magic. Sure, this may qualify as trespassing. Or at the very least, an invasion of privacy. But they can't leave that wisp with him. One, it's possibly dangerous. Two, if that wisp can somehow be used to restore their magic so they can defeat Nightshade, they probably need it more than some guy in an obsolete music store.

They enter the backroom, but Sunset stops to think before going any further. "You think this place has traps?" The former unicorn asks.

"Traps? This place barely has working electricity." Twilight does have a good point, but you can never be too sure. "I highly doubt there are any..." Before the science nerd can finish her sentence, a light fixture falls from the ceiling almost landing directly on her. Fortunately, she's able to avoid getting hit and rush right into Sunset. Holding her in a terrified embrace.

The red head can't help but smirk at her jumpy friend. "That doesn't count." Twilight says. Sunset giggles. "Stop that." But the look on your face was priceless.

"Hopefully no one else heard that."

Well, the other Rainbooms heard the crashing sound, but somehow Rain didn't hear it because he's too interested in Spike's story.

"What in tarnation are those two doin' back there?" Applejack whispers to Rarity.

"Well, fortunately for us, he somehow didn't seem notice." Rarity whispers back.

"Those two better get back here quick." Rainbow quietly says to the others. "I don't know how much longer we, well Spike, can keep him distracted."

After, eventually, releasing Sunset from her grip, Twilight takes the lead on the search. Mostly to make up for that brief moment of cowardice. Though Sunset isn't gonna hold it against her. A light fixture was about the fall on her. Didn't make her reaction any less embarrassing though. "Okay, so look in any possible hiding spot. And let's try to make it quick. Before something else falls on us."

They begin to search the, now a little darker, room but are surprised at what they find inside at first glance. They see a desk with two drawers, a computer on top of it that looks surprisingly advance, and a trash can in the corner. Sunset decides to speak first. "This is kinda underwhelming."

"Yeah. I was expecting something a little more impressive." Twilight disappointingly says. She knows this guy has a device that can contain magic. She was honestly expecting a lab or something back here. Not... whatever this is.

"Well, at least searching won't take long." Sunset says.

"Yeah, that's a good point. Let's get searching."

"Not really much place to search though. It's obviously in one of those drawers." Sunset opens the first drawer and finds a whole bunch of notepads. All of which hasn't been written on yet. Not very helpful. "Okay. Let's see what's inside drawer number two. She tries to open it, but the second drawer has a lock on it. No matter how hard she tries, she can't pull it open. "Dang, it's locked. Must be something he wants to make sure no one finds."

"If I just had my magic, I could easily open the lock." Twilight says. If you had your magic, you probably wouldn't even be here.

"Maybe there's a key around here somewhere." That's wishful thinking. He probably keeps the key on him at all times.

"There's no way the key is just lying around." Twilight says with confidence.

"Found it!"

What! No way! Contrary to what Twilight previously stated, a key is just sitting on the top of the desk, under the computer monitor. "Well, we don't know if that's the right key."