Missing Magic

In Twilight Sparkle's bedroom, Spike continues to sleep peacefully in his bed. He rolls around a couple times until finding the perfect position to continue his rest. His peaceful sleep is cut short though once a giant explosion goes off. The explosion may have been quite a ways away from the house, but it still didn't go unnoticed. Spike's eyes shoot open at the sudden noise, and he jumps straight up out of his bed. "Wh... What the, huh, who what where." He then gathers his barring's and hurries to get outside. He runs out on the front yard and can see in the distance a pillar of light raging into air. Based on the direction it was coming from, and from past experiences, he knows it could only be coming from one place. Obviously, the place where Twilight and her friends are. "Well, that can't be good."

Waves of Equestrian magic continue burst from out of the stone block in the CHS courtyard. Standing in front of the block, the mysterious man in the black coat, wielding a crystal tipped spear, is watching in awe as the swarm of magic got bigger and bigger. He then turns his attention to the six girls in front of him. He feels a wave of joy overcame him as he then shouts out to them. "Girls you're here!" He says with excitement. "Look at what I've done. Isn't it incredible?!"

"Incredible?!" Applejack says with a mixture of anger and confusion.

"What part of this is incredible?" Rainbow Dash adds. "You better fix this or else..." Before Rainbow Dash could finish her threat, the mysterious man snaps his fingers, and her hands are forced over her mouth. No matter how hard she tries, she just can't pull her hands away.

The mysterious man face palms himself and then says, "Oh, where are my manners? I haven't even introduced myself. Hmm, our current situation seems to indicate that I'm the villain of our little story. So, I need a name that fits the role. Like Dark Mage, or Chaos Lord, or..." He takes a minute to think and then gasps with excitement. "Nightshade," he says quietly. "You all can call me Nightshade! That name just screams evil wouldn't you all agree?"

While Fluttershy is trying to help Rainbow Dash get her hands off her mouth, Twilight, Applejack, Rarity, and Pinkie steps forward to confront the cloaked villain. "We don't care what you call yourself," Twilight says. "Look at what you've done."

"I've already said how incredible it is Twilight," Nightshade says. "Was that not a strong enough word? Oh, sorry were you about to give the whole, this is magic I do not understand bit." Nightshade snaps his and Rainbow Dash's hands are finally freed from his magical grip. Subsequently, all six girls are magically pulled together with their backs all facing each other and are all constricted in a ring of magical energy.

The girls all struggle to get free but then start to rise off the ground. Nightshade uses his index finger to gesture for them to come closer to him and the girls do just that as they quickly floated over to him. He spins the girls around until Twilight is the one facing him. "Well let me tell you something Twilight," Nightshade says. "I know exactly what this magic is and what it's capable of. And you're not gonna tell me otherwise," he says in a more aggressive tone. "Now I know about you Twilight –" Nightshade swipes his finger in the air from right to left, and the group of girls turn clockwise so now Rainbow Dash is turned to him "- and you Dash." He turns to Applejack. "Don't know you –" Then Pinkie Pie. "- or you." Then Rarity. I know of you. He turns to the last girl, Fluttershy. "And you –" He takes a minute to get a close look at her face. "- could be a problem," he murmurs.

Nightshade flicks his finger, and the six teenage girls go flying back, landing in front of the steps of the school. On the bright side they were also freed from the magical ring that was binding them. "Now let me show you something really cool." He raises his spear and points it directly at Fluttershy. The crystal tip of his spear begins to glow and Fluttershy once again rises off the ground, glowing a bright yellow aura. Suddenly that aura begins to leave her body and all her magic along with it.