Chapter-18

Author's Pov

Staring blankly at the papers in front of him, Ace carefully read the whole material, after inspecting the paperwork thrice he finally grabbed his pen and signed the contract before handing it to Sameul who took it like an obedient secretary he was. Soon enough Ace opened another file but paused when he sensed the man not moving from his spot and still staring at him with his usual blank gaze.

Tilting his head a bit, he pulled the specs off his eyes placing them on the table before leaning his back against the chair, "What is it?" He questioned sameul who hadn't said a word, it was obvious he had something to say but he seemed to be fighting within himself if he should say it or not.

"You gave her a new room, clothes, and even medications," He halted making Ace raise his eyebrows in curiosity.

"And," He pushed the man further to speak and Sameul took a deep breath.

"Why? From what I remember she's the same woman right? I don't understand this sudden change of arrangement," Ace narrowed his eyes at him giving a curt nod.

"What is it that you remember?" Samuel sighed in annoyance, this man really knew how to dodge the questions.

"I remember everything, and more specifically I remember that she was supposed to be tortured for whole two months like you ordered then why?" If it was someone else in front of him instead of Sameul, the person would have thought hundred times before even opening their mouth as it was obvious, Ace wouldn't take a second before putting a bullet in their heads for questioning him.

But he wasn't anyone to Ace. He was Sameul.

"Why would you think I am doing this?" Sameul clicked his tongue against his inner cheek at the cocky bastard. Ace leisurely stared at frustrated Sameul having full fun at irritating him to no limit.

"Boss, with all due respect, stop fucking with me, and tell me what are you planning? Why are you giving becoming soft to her? She doesn't deserve it!" This time Ace understood from where he was coming so finally straightening his posture he hummed in response.

"I know what she deserves Sam, focus on the work and let me handle my matters. I know what I am doing." With that he again grabbed the glasses and wore them opening the file, his gesture was enough for Sameul to understand that Ace wasn't willing to continue with this conversation.

"As you say, also I forgot to inform you," Ace once again looked at him in confusion, Sam hardly forgot anything.

"Mr. Lively is here, along with Ms. Lively, I asked them to wait and it's been half an hour they are waiting, do you want to meet them?" Now he knew why Sam forgot about this matter, it wasn't important anyways.

"Send them back, tell them I will visit their hotel for dinner." Sameul nodded in affirmation and left the deeply scowling man behind.

The moment, the door of the office got closed he raised his dangerous eyes up letting his specs dangle over his nose, the mere mention of these daughter father duo left a bitter taste in his mouth. The more he had to get tangled with them, the more it disgusted him, but he couldn't do anything else, he chose this path and he had to move forward. He just had to.

Leaning his back against the chair his eyes steadily went towards the box plastered over the table, grabbing it he opened it and let his steely gaze fell over the beautiful shiny pendent in it. At first gaze when he bought it, he was surprised to see how much the pendent hue matched his eye color.

The tear shaped beautiful necklace which was gifted to her by her Co worker.

But it wasn't the same one, Ace could still remember the first night when he got to play with that necklace dangling over her neck. That night, he rage was beyond the sky but the fact that it wasn't the anger of vengeance but because of her wearing something given by another man not him.