Side B | three

side b | three

side b | three

sinking into the horizon

Kaveh begins to free fall right down the same hole Alhaitham had dragged him out of

Kaveh begins to free fall right down the same hole Alhaitham had dragged him out of. But that's giving Alhaitham himself too much credit, he'd more so just thrown a ladder that Kaveh had the choice of climbing up.

Alhaitham, in truth, could do nothing more than watch as Kaveh continued to destroy himself.

He tried, he really did try. But Kaveh is anything but not stubborn. Relentlessly hiding his own misery behind false smiles and kind words and only facing it in the reflection at the end of a bottle.

And that stubbornness is extended to Alhaitham especially.

"Kaveh, are you really day drinking?" bottles litter the floor around Kaveh, all generic cheap brands.

"I'll clean it up," Kaveh asserts, instead of making an excuse for himself. It's useless to do so anyway, they both know that Kaveh's spiraling and they both don't really know how to stop it.

"What about your job?" Alhaitham can't recall the last time he'd seen him work on a blueprint or even talk to a client.

Kaveh simply curls up into a fetal position on the couch, back facing him. And he'll lay there for hours at a time. Alhaitham isn't sure the exact amount of time the other lies there, eyes blank as they stare up at the ceiling or at the seams in the couch. All he knows is that too many times he's left for work with Kaveh laying on the couch motionlessly and came back to him in the same exact spot.

And when Kaveh goes days without eating anything, Alhaitham can only silently hope he'll choose to eat on his own. Any protest to Kaveh's prolonged starvation rituals ends in the other leaving to instead fill his stomach with alcohol.

On better days, instead he'll begrudgingly get up and make his way to the kitchen where he moves things around in the cupboards as if he even plans to eat any of the things in there. He never does, only ever choosing small things like an apple every once and awhile.