Side A | prologue

side a | prologueclouds eclipsing of what once was

side a | prologue
clouds eclipsing of what once was

The waistband of his pants dig into his waist, legs chafing at the material but ultimately it's too late for him to get a new suit

The waistband of his pants dig into his waist, legs chafing at the material but ultimately it's too late for him to get a new suit. Formal wear had never been Alhaitham's favorite. He honestly can't consider any pros to wearing such an uncomfortable outfit.

But, trying to negotiate out of wearing one would be more of a hassle than just simply wearing one. And as Alhaitham fights down the urge to scratch at his arms beneath the jacket of his suit, he really reconsiders that statement.

As he nearly strangles himself with his own tie, a brief thought hits his mind that he should've asked Kaveh for help. That thought is immediately stamped out as he heaves through a shaking sigh, cursing himself for even thinking that and adjusts the tie looser.

He untangles the tie and redoes it, retracing the steps of his memory of when he'd watched Kaveh put one on. 

Watching the other almost make a noose out of a tie held a lot more hilarity than doing it himself.

A few seconds later and he's got it, It's far too loose around his neck but it's not noticeable unless you glance really close. And normally Alhaitham might try and wrangle himself into presentability, at the very least— but Alhaitham just wants to get this over and done with.

The Alhaitham on the other side of the mirror tiredly stares back. He sighs, moving away and out into the living room.

The other side of the house lay empty.