Contracted

Chapter 20

"You can wait in the car or take a view around. I will call you when I need you." Julie assured Diego and Diella with a sweet smile before walking into the duplex.

She was welcomed by Marissa who pulled her to the kitchen before she could go up the stairs.

"Nana wants her usual  evening tea and snacks.. Marissa, are you joining? " Eddie's voice was heard coming down the stairs.

" Yes, be there in a minute. " Marissa stared to Julie with a worried face. " I just brewed it."

" I still wonder what Julie do to keep a house like this going, it's one of the tops of the empire." He was down the stairs. "When is she ever going to show up?"

Julie  turned to meet his widened shocked gaze. "What brings you here?" She managed to ask without without breaking. "You finally made out time. I thought you had a massive show tomorrow."

"Hi... It's been a long time.. You are just in time for tea. You know what they say, the more the merrier." He had a perfect warm smile as he searched for the perfect words.

"When there's no space for merry making, we opt for less. I'm taking the tea and snacks up to have a private time with Nana. It's been a while we had that." Julie couldn't look him straight in the eye. She wouldn't let it leak.

She carried the tray up without giving him a stare. "For the record, I haven't heard that idiom before." Eddie giggled softly as she walked up the stairs.

"Someone made the one you heard." She scoffed with a flat smile.

Eddie moved to the kitchen counter calmly. "Did you brew extra tea?"

Julie sat at the balcony with Nana, sipping the tea nicely. They hadn't said much since they started. Julie tried to take everything slowly without rush.

"I bet Marissa brewed the tea."

Julie chuckled  a little before letting out a good laugh.

"I'm glad you are finally back."

"It's God's grace. I had a second chance to keep the person I cherish safe."

"But on wheelchair." They both laughed for a while before Nana coughed slightly and wiped her tears. "My little sweet heart now earns real genuine money without a fake self."

" Marissa and Eddie has been finding it hard to get through to you."

" Yeah, I spoilt my phone's. They had a great swim."

"You mean the ones Mario got for you that you could kill to keep safe."

Julie chuckled a little bit before admiring the view. " Do you like it? It's like our last house but with some Jose magic."

"I do, Mario would be so proud of the woman you have become."

"I have known you all my life Nana but I figured out recently that I don't even know who you're."

" I'm a cranky strong old Lady who loves God."

"What happened during the fire Nana? Is there anything you aren't saying?" Julie asked sweetly.

"Did anyone else get hurt? I made sure everyone was away. "

"You have a stab on your lungs... "

"Someone wanted me dead. It was Mario." Nana didn't hesitate to reply. "It wasn't Mario, he would never.. I was so terrified. I froze, couldn't defend myself."

"Celena was at the scene too, is she safe?" Nana queried with care.

"Who is Celena Darren? Why are you more concerned about her? "