Contracted

-Contracted

Chapter 20

"I am not close to the nobles in Florence. I heard it on X." The king added. "It's quite shocking, he was assassinated.."

Julie dabbed her tears away. She needed quick answers to relieve her aching and confused mind.

"Please, I will like to be excused." She courtesied politely. "Must I always regret my decisions?" Her phones were the only way to reach Nana.

She had no idea where she was heading. All she longed for was a break from the swelling thoughts that she couldn't subside. How funny could this get.

She slammed the door of her room as she leaned to the wall beside and slipped slowly to her knees. She couldn't hold her scream in anymore.

Squeeshing and rumpling her hair as she sat to the floor. She was tired of holding it in, but no one deserved to see her miserable. No one deserved to . She was fine. All she had to do was to get genuine answers to her questions from a genuine source.

She needed the truth.

She crawled to the laptop on the table. She searched the web for the house of Dante Maretti.

Lord Dante Maretti was from Florence Italy. The owner of Wants.
He celebrated his seventy year old anniversary five months ago. He had a recent picture with his family. His two wives and four sons.

Dante Jr, Edwardo, Camillo and Bill.

Without zooming into the picture, she knew it was Mario. Camillo and Bill were the sons of his last wife, Stella.

No Naomi Maretti was mentioned anywhere. The resemblance between the family was undeniable. You could tell with a glance.

Was Mario truly her dad? Then who in the world is Nana and why on earth is she her grandma?

She kept on searching for any little bit of link between a Naomie and Camillo but , there's nothing to be found.

She needed the truth. She had been lied to all her life. The only truth to her life was that it was a fake and fame game she knew nothing about.

Diella's soft knock was heard on the door. "Ma'am, please we will be leaving for the airport in thirty minutes."

That was the only statement that made sense to her since this morning.

I mean literally. How would you feel if you ever wake up to find out that the entire 23½ years of your life was a lie?

.
.
.

Armando watched Julie as she played with the harp. She hadn't uttered a word since the plane took off. He thought she stepped out during the king's conversation in order not to ruin the lie she might have told.

She had been acting strange since last night. Who wakes up in the morning and drowns their phones after a phone call?

Something serious was bothering her but she never dropped her smile.

"Diego you are up!" She said tiredly as she made her way to a comfy sit. She wore her headset and bored her eyes to the screen in her front.

The only word she uttered since the flight began

.
.
.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Armando asked as he sat in the Limo with her. They were back in Texas. She hadn't uttered a word after her last statement.

"A quiet trip back to Texas was too much to ask?"

"I wanted to be sure you hadn't gone dumb." He scoffed before checking his device. "Or insane."

"I assure you, I don't care about your surety. You have a brain to think things through don't you? "

"That's why I want to make sure you do too? "

" That's the question I asked myself. Do I or nothing seems to make sense anymore" she closed her eyes, but she couldn't keep them close for long. She felt sick of everything. The only temporal relief she could think of was drowning herself in a pool or Jacuzzi bath.

.
.
.

"Hey" Julie walked out of the bathroom in her robe with a brand new device in her hand. "Who is this?" The voice from the next end of the call sounded tired. "Rissa." She sat by her laptop.

"Lianna, how could you change your sim without warning. I was worried sick."

"The two devices, they were trailing me with it."

"I really miss your voice. How is your marriage going so far?"

"I hate myself rissa. My life feels like a well played out lie. I really envy the way you got everything figured out."

"I guess you have heard about the Camillo Maretti incident. Leo is looking into it... Just to be sure that it had nothing to do with you, your dad or the constant calls."

"How is Nana doing?"

"She's improving fast..." Marissa's voice broke for more than two seconds. "Something happened Lianna."

"What's the prob?"

"Just promise you won't get upset.. i was trying to reach you... I just felt it was appropriate."

"Calm down... Breath... Now tell me what happened." She was already on her feet pacing from side to side.

" It's Edward."

"What about Edward?"

"I was trying to get you two back together with the job application but you got married.."

"So?"

"And remember how his name as a cellist is all over the gossip and him becoming a huge celeb and him hosting a massive show.."

"Nail it Marissa. Stop beating round."

"This is the part you wont like.. his job with Jose gave his design name a.. "

" Nail it Marissa! "

"He somehow got in a conversation with Jimmy and.."

" Oh shit! "Julie rumpled her hair before gulping hard on the juice in the glass.

" I stopped him before the marriage was mentioned but right now, he is with Nana. He just bursted out of nowhere, says Jimmy mentioned the house address."

"And what are his intentions?"

"Wants to check up on Nana and you. Cleared up his entire schedule for the day to visit you.

Julie folded her arms as she listened to Marissa. "He has a show tomorrow. He says he needs to see you before the show. "

"Why didn't you do anything?"

"I tried, I have done everything. He is still insisting to see you first."

" I was planning to stop by and ask Nana some questions.. I don't know if I can face him without melting."

" The worst part is, I regret my decision now. " She struggled to clear her voice of the shaky sound of the sorrow and confusion she was feeling.

"Julie do not come at all. I will try getting Nana to talk. I don't want you to make a grave mistake because of my stupidity. If I hadn't coaxed you to the job, all this won't be this worse."

"I made a crazier mistake Marissa."

Hi everyone. Sorry for loving you un -updated for almost a month.

But, I promise it won't happen again

😘😘😘