30| 𝙳𝚊𝚛𝚎

Start from the beginning

me and him lock eyes and I look away from the intensity that they hold,

Kai gets up without saying a word, he's actually going through with it. 

"Kai-", Jay starts before pausing in what looks like defeat.

I can literally hear my own heart right now, he wouldn't- would he?

My heart drops when I see him outstretch his hand out to Carmen, she gasps before taking his hand and they both head for the closet.

The closet door shuts loudly and the room has changed from its playful mood to something entirely different.

 I remain calm but I feel everyone's eyes on me. My face reveals nothing and the room is silent but not just from shock but also because they were all trying to listen in on what was going on in that small ass closet.

I hear giggles and my heart clenches some more.

"Ooo they sound like they're having a time", Jake says making Rick and the whole group laugh except Demi.

"Shut the hell up", Mikey says making everybody go quiet.

more giggles are heard from the closet and I swear I almost crumble, why does this hurt so much?

This was fucking humiliating. He humiliated me. They all did, I can't trust anybody and it was stupid of me to think I ever could again.

Finally not even up to seven minutes pass and they both leave the closet, Carmen fans her face and Kai's face is still blank although I notice more of the buttons on his shirt unbuttoned. I don't waste any time. 

I could only take so much in one night.

I got up from the couch and slapped Kai as hard as I could. The slap echoed throughout the room in a tense silence.

"Don't ever fucking speak to me again", I say looking at him dead in his piercing green eyes.

I see emotion for the first time in this whole night flash through his eyes but I have no time for it. Then I look over at Carmen my eyes glaring at her making her jump back and yelp in fear.

"You can have him bitch", I say.

I storm out of the room wanting to forget about that traumatic game forever my face remaining cold and statue-like. unfortunately, I hear Kai hot on my trail and right behind me but I'm so angry to the point where I couldn't care less

 I speed up despite Kai behind me and head towards the door of Ramis's huge mansion preparing to call an Uber since Kai drove me here.

but just as I step unto the yard he grabs my wrist keepin' me in place.

I looked away from him my wrist still in his hand, just his touch was making me tear up and I hated it. I blink away my fleeting tears and don't look at him at all.

"Kai you have less than 3 seconds to let go of me", I say seething.

he lets go of me but stays right behind me.

"What was that?", he asks angrily.

How dare he ask me that? I should be asking him the exact fucking thing.

I whip my body around and meet his eyes which I immediately regret because they just make me more emotional and I know I'm about to lose it.

"I'll tell you what it fucking was you idiot, you got into a closet with Carmen ruining the plan", I yell.

he continues glaring at me analyzing my demeanor, he steps closer to me until we're as close as can be without touching.

"The plan?", he questions skeptically.

"Summer that's not the real reason and we both know it", he whispers making me falter.

he continues searching my eyes.

I can't continue keeping these emotions in.

"Tell me what the reason was", I say ready for us to both come to terms with ourselves.

"Was the slap necessary?, you were genuinely mad that I had gotten in the closet with another girl face it", he says his eyes going blank.

"I knew I had to pick another girl to see what your reaction would be tonight and I was right, you fell for me. you broke our deal", he says some anger in his voice.

I wasn't gonna deny it anymore but something was off about Kai and I think I had some idea of what.

"So what if I did", I reply back making Kai's eyes widen slightly as if he wasn't expecting me to say what I just did.

"I'm not scared to admit I fell for you but what about you Kai...huh I know what you're trying to run away from", I say taking control of this conversation.

He backs up from my face his eyes losing direct contact with mine.

"Summer we're just friends playing pretend, I can't like you like that", he says making my heart drop.

"What-", I try and speak before getting cut off.

"You broke the deal so now it's best we stay away from each other", he says now glaring at me.

Did I misread the situation? I think I did once again now that I think about it the way he looks at me is what a good friend is capable of behaving like too.  It looks like I was the only fool here once again. 

I let my feelings get the best of me and now I was losing a good friend and the only person I believed was truly there for me after my coma.

he delivers the final blow just as my Uber pulls up.

"I don't feel anything for you other than friendship but now even that's gone too", he says.

an excruciating silent minute passes after his statement and I look into his eyes yet he doesn't even try looking at me.

so it's like that huh

"ok", I say with no emotion.

I turn away from him, a face that I never want to see again. 

I've accepted how my life was made to be like and it seems like everyone else in my life accepted it too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: So sad.... Well don't be too anxious readers I'll make shit right in the most dramatic way ;)