Chapter 5*

Jesse's POV

I walk into the hospital, I would rather be at my apartment with Carina and Maya, but Carina's already here, having been called in a few hours ago, and Maya has a 24 hour shift.

Walking up to the desk, I ask the Nurse, "Hey, could you show me where the Chief's office is? I have an appointment with her?" I tell her, she nods.

"Name?" She asks.

"Jesse Romanoff." I say before she types and little then gives me directions, I thank her and set off in that direction.

After walking for a few minutes, I found a door with 'Chief Teddy Altman' on it. I knock gently before hearing her say come in.

"Hey, you must be Dr. Romanoff?" She stands up, asking me.

"Yeah, just Jesse's fine." I say before we both sit down across from each other.

"So Carina tells me you're both a Neuro and Ortho attending?" I nod, "So would you like to work both? Or just one? I can give you additional pay for both." She tells me.

"I'd like to work both, but additional pay is not needed." I say, she looks shocked but nods.

"Well, I'd like to hire you on the spot if that's okay with you." Dr. Altman tells me. "Oh, and the cast isn't a problem, you can still see patients, you just can't operate. How long until it comes off?"

"That would be great, thank you." I say and she nods before handing me everything I need to sign. "I get it off in about 2 weeks." She hums and nods.

I sit there for around 15 minutes, reading over everything and signing.

"Great, thank you." She says after I hand everything back, "Could you start tomorrow?" She asks me and I nod.

"I can." She thanks me before I start going to the door, "Oh can you give me directions to the OB floor?"

"Sure." She quickly explains how to get there and I nod, thanking her before leaving completely.

It doesn't take me long to find Carina's office, and I gently knock before opening the door, "Andrea, I told you to go work." She says, not looking up.

"Not Andrea, but I can go if you want." I point to the door as her head snaps up and she smiles, dropping her pen and quickly coming over to me, giving me a huge hug.

"Ciao cucciolo." She mumbles into my neck, I grin.

"Hey." I say softly, "I was wondering if you want to get lunch, or coffee?" I ask her, she excitedly nods before grabbing her coat and leading me down to a coffee cart.

"How did it go with Altman?" She asks as we wait in line.

"Great actually. I start tomorrow as an ortho and neuro attending." I tell her and she jumps up happy and quickly kisses me.

"Uh, Carina?" We hear someone and we turn, "You're cheating on Maya?" The woman asks.

"No, no, no, never." Carina quickly says.

"So what did I just witness?" She asks, I stay silent, looking at Carina, wanting to know what she's gonna say.

"This is Jesse, she's dating both me AND Maya." Carina explains, I smile at the woman slightly, feeling a little uncomfortable with the way she's staring at me.

"Damn! You got Firefighter Barbie, AND this hot girl? You got game." The woman says and I blush at the compliment.

"Hey, back off, Ameila." Carina angrily pouts and she looks so cute. She wraps her arms around my waist and I put my injured hand over her shoulder.