Ch.14

Thomas POV

I was on the ground panting for a moment when I remembered something.

"Thomas!" A voice yelled. It sounded like McKennas.

- flash back

"Thomas!  Tommy!" A girls voice shouted.

She looked to have brown hair and brown eyes along with pale skin. She reminded me of the girl in the glade.

I suddenly kissed her.

- back to the glade

I opened my eyes in shock ....

"Thomas...." I suddenly whispered. I look at the girl smiling because of the memory I had.

I frantically stood up. "HEY! Thomas!!" Gally was standing up looking at me and McKenna.

I laugh because I finally remembered some things "I REMEMBER MY NAME" I stared at McKenna.

"IM THOMAS!" I shouted.

Everyone was looking between us not knowing what to say.

"THOMAS" Alby shouts pointing at me.

I smiled happily. I have to tell her what I remember. "Welcome home Thomas." Frypan said handing me a drink.

I kinda chugged it a bit as everyone was cheering she came up to me I stared at her not knowing how to talk.

"Good job... Thomas." Gally interrupted us he shook my hand surprisingly.

Maybe he's not all that bad.

The maze made a loud noise "alright everyone off to bed." Alby orders before I could speak to McKenna she was already gone.

Newt and Gally were watching her also like they knew something.

I went to my hammock saying goodnight to everyone my hammock was next to McKennas. I felt like it was mandatory to protect her. My duty to. I didn't know why but it was. Finally I fell asleep.

- in the dream.

I was walking to the office seeing McKenna staring at the computer "Thomas." She whispered. "Newt just hurt himself." She said in tears. She's been watching the cameras for a few months now.

I pulled her in a hug.

I didn't know what much to say the girl gripped my shirt but I knew she needed me.

McKenna glanced up at me tears in her eyes and on her face. Some were about to be stained I wiped them away quickly.

"It's not our faults." I said whispering to her. "I promise you we will find a way out for them." She nodded looking up at me.

I looked at her and her lips before kissing her.

She kissed back gently it bursted butterflies through my stomach I never felt before.

"I love you." I said. She stared back at me not knowing what to say.

- end of dream

I gasped awake when I felt a hand on my mouth.

Alby looks at me motioning me to be quiet.

I had so many thoughts going through my head was it real ? Did we kiss a few times? Were McKenna and I dating before the maze... but she seems to be attracted to Newt and Gally why was she with me before the maze?

"It's peaceful isn't it? It's hard to believe it wasn't always this way. We had dark days. We lost a lot of boys to panic. We've come far since then. Establish order. Make peace." Alby speaks.

"Yeah." I said. "Why are you telling me this?" I questioned. "Because you're not like the others. You're curious. But you're one of us now. You need to know what that means." Alby held his  knife over to me. Motioning to the wall.

I seen McKennas name and put my hand over it making Alby stare at me weird.

I looked seeing Gally, Minho, Newts.... And many others I knew.

George was crossed out I wondered what his story was.

"What happened to them?" I questioned.

"Like I said. Dark days Thomas." Alby replies.

I looked at the wall understanding. I noticed Gally , Newt and McKennas names were around each other. Like they were a trio or something.

I found a spot right under hers and put my name there.

Thomas.