12. Video and runaway

Shota Aizawa's POV

Kita : RECOVERY GIRL !!!!!!!!!

I shoved the others away to place myself between them and my daughter.

Me : Stop ! It's my daughter Kita, go fetch Chiyo, the kids are wounded !

RG : I'n here, let me pass, shoo shoo !

The little nurse forced her way through, whacking everyone who stood in her way with her cane, and arrived before the children. Kita looked at her with a mix of distrust and hope.

Kita : Are you Recovery Girl ? Can you save him ?

RG : Yes, that's me, let me see your friend.

Kita carefully lowered her friend on the ground, his head on her knees. Everyone held their breath upon seeing him. I had seen many wounds in my life, but this kid looked as if some extremely cruel villains had tortured him for days.

Chiyo face darkened when she saw him.

RG : We can't move him, Ken, Higari, go fetch me my equipment right now ! Aizawa bring your daughter to the infirmary and bandage her the best you can, I'll take care of her as soon as the boy is stable.

Cementos and Power Loader immediately left, but Kita categorically refused to leave the boy, growling and showing her teeth to anyone trying to get close - except Chiyo. At the end Nemuri had to use her quirk to put her to sleep while I stopped her from attacking with my scarf.

Kita's POV

I woke up in a confortable bed, in an unknown room. My mind was weirdly foggy. I blinked while starring at the white ceiling, then suddenly everything came back to me. The teacher's accusations, the gangs' trap, the humiliation, Hitoshi's state, the massacre, the race against time, the people attacking me, the old lady coming to help me, dad, the people who wanted to separate me from Hitoshi...

From there it's blurrier. Once I lowered my mental barriers, I had to fight against my rage and blood lust, and when they tried to separate me from Hitoshi I lose control. I think. It's the first time that I had someone to protect, I suppose that I was afraid that someone might hurt him if I left him.

However, know that I had my wits back I knew that I was indeed at UA, that I fought against the teachers, who happened to be pro heroes that saw me covered in blood and rabid.

I had to leave. Soon they'll come to arrest me, or question me then arrest me. They were absolutely no chance that they'd let me roam free after what I did.

I stood up, surprised to see that my wounds were healed. It must have been Recovery Girl's quirk. Which meant that she had finished treating Shinso. I looked around and there he was, sleeping in an other bed.

I got closer and observed him a moment. He was still in a pitiful state, but his worst wounds were mainly healed, and the others had been stitched and bandaged. He was freely breathing and sleeping peacefully.

Me : Sorry Shinso, if I hadn't been here things wouldn't have gone so far. Had I been a better friend I would have protected you. I should have stopped them at the beginning, and to hell with my expulsion. I should have said everything to dad so he could protect you from your mother and this school, but I was too afraid that I'd be a burden for him. As a result I became a burden for everyone. I know that you're probably afraid of me and / or that you hate me now that you've seen my true face, but don't worry. I'm leaving, where I won't bother anyone. I'll try to look after dad and you from the shadows. I know that Nezu probably discovered everything about you already, he'll protect you, and since you're a lot like dad who knows, maybe he'll host you ? I hope so for the both of you.