Chapter 12: Next Time

I can't quite place the familiar scent coming from Jonas. My mind keeps wandering, wondering if it's the same cologne Paul used to wear. But no, it's different. The cool breeze gently brushes against my face, putting me to sleep.

"Let me take you home..." Drake offered.
"No, you've been babysitting me the whole night, I don't mean any trouble for you anymore." I said.

"I don't mind..."

"If you insist then thanks?" I look at this handsome costume wearing Dracula whom I called Drake. I looked at him, then he stared at me. I bit my lip, as my eyes travelled down his red lips, giving him signals to kiss me.

He kissed me. Enveloping me to his intoxicating manly scent. I never had a second thought of kissing him back passionately. The kiss is somewhat foreig,  his lips feel like home, it's like he is where I belong, that he belongs to me. He led me to the guest room, kissing passionately like there will be no tomorrow, I can't get enough of him I wanted more than a kiss... He caressed my thigh and I moan in his mouth... He kisses my neck to tease me more... but then... Just like that I fell asleep.

******

JONAS POV

"Hart, we're here," I said, slowing down as we approached the driveway. It was already around 7 in the evening when we arrived. She seemed to have drifted off to sleep again, leaning against my back. Then, I felt a slight movement, signaling she was awake.

"Hey..."

"Uh huh," she replied, sounding a bit disoriented. She might still be caught in her dream.

"Still dreaming?" I asked, turning to face her.

"Dryqjkk?" she mumbled, looking at me with a confused expression.

"What?" I asked, struggling to understand her.

"Never mind. I just had a weird dream, like déjà vu or something," she said, collecting herself. "So, where are they?"

"They're running late. They had to stop to pick up some food for us," I explained as I opened the door to the lodge.

She headed straight for the sofa, lost in thought. I didn't want to disturb her contemplation, so I stepped outside to give her some space and to enjoy the fresh air.

Hart's POV

"Hey," he said.

"Uh huh," I responded, feeling a bit disoriented, unsure if I was still dreaming.

"Still dreaming?" he asked, turning to face me.

"Drake?" I whispered, staring at him blankly. Seeing him brought back a flood of memories. Could he really be Drake from that night three years ago?

"What?" he asked, looking a bit puzzled, probably not catching what I said.

"Never mind. I just had a weird dream, like déjà vu or something," I said, trying to compose myself. "So, where are they?" I asked, changing the subject.

"They're running late. They had to stop to pick up some food for us," he explained as he opened the door to the lodge.

I sat on the sofa, lost in thought about my dream and how it was starting to clarify some memories from that night. Was that why I felt so drawn to him? Would he even remember me? I was dressed as Britney Spears, and he had a Dracula vibe going on. Should I tell him? And if I did, what then? Would we pick up where we left off? Would he even care that I was Spears? My mind raced through various scenarios.

I noticed him step outside, giving me some space and a chance to collect my thoughts. After a moment, I followed him outside.

"Hey," I said, breaking the silence.

"You okay?" he asked, sounding concerned.

"Yup," I replied with a smile. "Jonas, have we—" as I was about to ask him, his phone rang.

Ring, ring, ring...

"Hey, bro," Jonas answered his phone. I wondered if it was Ace on the other end. "Anything will do. Maybe grab some beers too!" He said with enthusiasm. "Okay, we're starving, so hurry up!" He added. "Alright, bye!" He ended the call with a smile.

I looked at him, waiting for him to tell me who he was talking to.

"That was Ace; they're at the supermarket picking up some food," he explained.

"Oh... I guess we're going to have a late dinner after all," I said, feeling my stomach grumble suddenly. I blushed, embarrassed by the loud noise. Glancing at Jonas, I saw him trying to stifle his laughter.

"It's okay, you can laugh," I said, trying to hide my embarrassment. "I'm really starving. Do you have anything with you?" I asked.

"Sorry, but all I have is this," he said, showing me a Hershey's chocolate bar with a big smile. "Wanna share?" he offered.

"Yes, please! I really need some food right now, and that'll do," I replied with a bright smile.

We split the chocolate bar in half and ate it quietly, feeling a sense of satisfaction as our hunger was somewhat alleviated. Surprisingly, it was the first time I truly enjoyed eating Hershey's chocolate. I'm usually not a fan of plain milk chocolate; I prefer dark chocolate or varieties with nuts and fruits. Perhaps I was just really hungry, or maybe it tasted better coming from Jonas.

"Hart," Jonas began, sounding like he had something on his mind.

"Yes?" I responded, savoring the last piece of my chocolate.

"You were about to ask me something earlier. What was it?" He asked, his curiosity evident.

His question caught me off guard, and I almost choked on my chocolate. After clearing my throat, I debated whether or not to ask him if he was Drake. Maybe I had been too hasty earlier.

"Hey, are you okay? Do you need some water?" He asked, looking concerned as I appeared to be choking.

"No, no... I'm fine," I reassured him. "I was just about to ask if we had any food because I'm starving. But then Ace called you, and you know the rest. My stomach spoke for itself," I said, trying to sound convincing.

"Really?" He replied, looking like he wasn't entirely convinced.

"Yup," I said, maintaining a straight face.

Just then, the sound of a pickup truck beeping interrupted us, saving me from Jonas's curiosity, at least for now. Maybe next time, the competition should be our priority. There shouldn't be any awkwardness between us, so I'll just ask him another time. There's always a next time.