Chapter 24

You felt your heart break as your sister said those words , realising that Leighton had been living a double life right under your nose. The shock of the revelation left you speechless, unable to comprehend the extent of the deception. Your heart broke; you felt nothing but a heartbreak; you have been heartbroken so many times; you just wanted someone to love and trust, and they would give you the same love back, but you can't even have that.

You didn't know it, but you were crying, sobbing, and falling. Gretchen wraps her arms around you, and you don't hesitate to hug her back. "I'm so sorry, Y/N; you deserve better." Gretchen whispers in your ear. You take a deep breath, fighting the tears and nodding your head. You stay quiet, but you still have your arms wrapped around her.

You started to cry as Gretchen held you tighter, offering silent comfort and understanding. In that moment, you feel a glimmer of hope that maybe, just maybe, things will eventually get better.

Moments later, the nurse walked in. She saw that it was an awkward time to walk in, so she slowly walked in, interrupting the two girls that were hugging and saying, "I'm sorry for disturbing." She said, frowning. Gretchen pulled away for the first time in a while. The nurse was holding a pair of crutches.

You slightly smile, and the nurse smiles back, handing you the crutches. "You are welcome to leave now." The nurse says, you nod, Gretchen helps you up, allowing you to stand and walk. Your parents were waiting outside for you, and they didn't know about the bad news you just heard. You didn't want to tell them., you really didn't want to think about it.

Just as you parked outside your house, you got a text from Leighton. You sighed. Looking at the notification, you decided to ignore it, but more texts came in. She was trying to check in on you, but you just wanted to focus on getting better.

You limp up to your room, you had a lot of pain in your foot and you just wanted for it to heal right away, so much for performing for the talent show, that all went down the drain. You sigh as you lie in bed, "Hey Y/n, My friends are coming over, do you wanna hang with them?" You look at Gretchen and sigh, you remember the fight you had with Regina and think that she would probably wouldn't want to see you, so you shake your head.

An hour later, Karen shows up, she shows up a few minutes before Regina, which was perfect timing for Gretchen.

"Hi babe." Gretchen whispers, giving her girlfriend a kiss on the lips, "I love you so much." Gretchen smiles, hugging Karen, who smiles happily back at her and hugs her back, they then hear Regina's car pull up, so they pull away, not wanting her to find our about them.

She walks inside Gretchen house without knocking, smiling when she sees her friends, she walks over to them and they all sit together, eat a few snacks, Karen and Gretchen flirt as much as they can without Regina noticing.

They all move from the table and sit down on the lounge, scrolling through every server to try and pick a movie. Regina rolls her eyes as she sees how close the other two are, she sighs, "Gretchen." She says it out loud, and Gretchen looks towards her friend and says, "Yes?""

Regina smirks, "Where is Y/N?" She asks, Gretchen smiles, "She is upstairs, in her room." Gretchen says, and Regina nods, getting off the couch and going up to your room. She slowly opens the door. She frowns when she sees you lying on your bed, and in a cast, what you said hurt her, but you didn't want to end up like this. Regina hesitates for a moment before approaching you, "Y/N, are you okay?" She asks softly.

You jump up, not expecting to hear her voice. You look at her and stare into her eyes, with tears in your eyes. "R-Regina." You say quietly, and she sits at the end of your bed, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for what I said to you." You ramble, tears falling down your face. She shakes your head. "It's okay; I forgive you." You shake your head. "I'm also sorry I didn't believe you. About Leighton," you say, still crying.

She frowns, pulling you in for a hug, "I'm sorry she did that to you." Regina says, and you nod. After staying in the hug with her for a few more minutes, Regina pulls away, looks at you up and down, and smiles, "Hey, do you want to come down. We are watching a movie." You smile, nodding your head, she helps you up and takes you downstairs.

Gretchen smiles when she sees you, but you notice how she quickly moved away from Karen; it made you giggle in your head. Regina sits you down on the couch, and the two of you quickly form a comfortable position. Your head was in her lap, and she was playing with your hair.

Gretchen and Karen have already picked a movie. They picked an old classic, something that surprised you. They picked Final Destination, one of your favourite movies.

The movie starts playing, and you feel completely at ease in Regina's presence. As the film progresses, you find yourself getting lost in the storyline, occasionally glancing up at Regina's serene face. It feels like the perfect way to end the evening, wrapped up in her warmth and enjoying the movie together. You couldn't help but feel grateful for this unexpected moment of connection with her.

By the time the movie was over, Karen and Gretchen had given up trying to hide their relationship. When the movie ended, they were hugging each other very close, and you and Regina smiled when you looked at them. You look at each other and smile; she looks at your lips, and you look at hers; then she looks into your eyes and leans in; your lips lock, and it feels amazing; it feels real; it was the best kiss you have ever shared with her.

When you pull away, she smiles at you, and a bright smile is on her face. She takes a deep breath and asks.

-

So I'm texting this really pretty girl and I'm bold by saying this bc she reads this LMAO

She is away rn and at a place with no service and I miss her :(