Sakura, on the other end of the line, grew more and more irritated hearing meaningless words, as if the time without response wasn't significant.

"Why didn't you tell me you had shared information about the investigation? I found out from Commander Kazuha," demanded Sakura.

"It seems I've been beaten to it. I intended to tell you, but I've been so busy these days that I couldn't. Don't worry, she is completely trustworthy, and that says a lot coming from me. I..."

"What else are you hiding?" interrupted Sakura, raising her voice. "Are there more people involved in the investigation? Do you know something you haven't told me? Hawks, I'm serious, this could be serious. I need to know if I can trust you!"

There was a moment of silence on the line, only interrupted by Sakura's heavy breathing due to her anger from the last response. Hawks, who normally used a mocking tone, disappeared and looked at his phone seriously.

"What happened in the attack? Sakura, just tell me, and I'll be by your side in less than an hour."

For a moment, Sakura shuddered hearing Hawks call her by her name, but her frustration outweighed it.

"I'm fine! The attack wasn't as serious as it seems. I don't need you to come."

"Sakura, it's not okay. You still don't have your provisional license."

These words only increased Sakura's anger.

"I'VE ALREADY TOLD YOU I'M FINE! If you're so worried, ask Commander Kazuha for the report; all the details are there."

"Sakura!" said Hawks firmly and loudly, bewildering Sakura. "I'm sorry, I couldn't respond earlier."

Hawks' words were so sincere and firm that Sakura realized she had only been yelling at Hawks until that moment. He was a professional hero; of course, he was busy, and not everything in his life could revolve around Sakura.

"I'm sorry... I have to study," said Sakura, and without giving Hawks time to respond, she hung up.

Suddenly, a great tiredness overwhelmed Sakura; she barely had time to toss her phone to a corner of the bed and slump onto it, rubbing her hands over her face. She had to take a deep breath to try to calm her emotions.

At that moment, to Sakura's surprise, Todoroki cautiously entered the room. Sakura sat up on the bed and gave a clumsy smile.

"Are you also going to bed early?" she asked.

Todoroki just observed her, which started to make Sakura uncomfortable.

"What's wrong?" she inquired.

"You're overloading yourself with activities again," said Todoroki, showing a distressed expression that puzzled Sakura.

"Really? I guess it's a habit. In Konoha, I used to have many activities," she responded, raising an eyebrow.

"I thought you trusted us enough," said Todoroki, his expression showing concern. "You've been different since the incident at the hospital. You were willing to take a bullet, and now you were shouting on the phone. Sakura, are you really okay?"

Sakura bit her lip, about to say yes, but she chose to tuck her hair behind her ear and get off the bed to face Todoroki, almost brushing their chests.

"Shoto, I'm perfectly capable of..."

She was left speechless when Todoroki took her hands.

"Please, don't say anything else," he whispered in a low tone that sent shivers down Sakura's spine. "I'd rather you didn't lie to yourself anymore."