11. Stay Calm

Song of the chapter: Stay Calm - Eyedress

(i'm back 🥳)
pls ignore any typos- i will edit.

Jean was sat on a table in the student centre with Connie in front of him. He was telling Jean about the girl he met up with the night before, Jean couldn't help but feel envious. Connie always had success with the girls he was interested in, but Jean rarely found such luck. Now, that's not to say that girls don't show an interest in him. Jean knew he was an attractive guy, but he always found it difficult to "follow through" so to speak. He had a few flings here and there, but those were easier considering he wasn't particularly interested in them. When he had an attractive girl in front of him that he actually liked, he would panic. This is what happened with-

"Y/N!" Connie called. Jean's head shot up, eyes almost popping out of his head. He followed his friend's line of sight and saw you walking in the corridor with Hitch. Joggings bottoms, a baggy hoody, black Converse adorned your body and a large tote bag on your shoulder. Your hair was tied up, showcasing your face. It was clear you were heading to the dance studio.

"YO Y-" "Connie, stop!" Jean hushed. Connie turned to his friend, a confused expression on his face asking for an explanation. "She just... looks busy. Probably shouldn't bother her." Jean scrambled for an excuse, but Connie didn't believe it.

"Bruv, come on. What's going on?" He pressed. Jean sighed dragging a hand down his face, his cheeks reddening in embarrassment. "Last night when you left... I kissed her." Connie perked up ready to ask more questions; Jean continued to speak. "But I bottled it before we did anything. I basically just told her to leave randomly... oh my god it was so awkward." He groaned, leaning back on his chair and looking at the ceiling.

After a moment of silence, Connie laughed, "You're so stupid." Jean looked at him with an unimpressed look on his face. "Sorry man, but if y/n gave me a chance like that there ain't no way I'm backing down." It was Jean's turn to look at his friend confused, "Didn't you and her kiss, though? Wasn't that your chance?"

"Yeah, but she friend-zoned me after. So it doesn't even count." Connie explained, "But you, my friend... she wants you." Jean jolted in shock at Connie's statement "Huh?" "Bro it's so obvious. She laughs at your jokes bare hard, and you ain't that funny. She does the 'I want that dick' giggle at your jokes." Connie's words brought a smile to Jean's face, the thought of you being attracted to him made his heart swell. It was quickly replaced by embarrassment again when he remembered what he had done the night before.

He groaned again and slumped further down his chair, "Well she doesn't now, not after last night." He folded his arms over his chest with a pout on his lips. "Stop being a baby, so you got stage fright. It happens to the best of us, just message her and ask her to come over again tonight." Connie spoke confidently. Before Jean could dispute, he continued, "The longer you leave it, the longer her last memory of you is gonna be you being a pussy bitch. And if you leave it too long, she won't even want you any more."

Jean wanted to be insulted by the names his friend called him, but he found himself agreeing with Connie's words. Since when was Connie this smart? (boy logic at its finest💀)

Inside one of the smaller dance studios on campus, you and Hitch were stretching. The two of you would occasionally book rooms for private dance practice where you would create your own choreographies. Today you planned to dance to Soaked by Shy Smith. This was done just for fun, dancing for the sake of dancing and not having it be graded.

While stretching you'd gossip and catch each other up on what's been going on. Of course, you told Hitch about you and Jean and she, of course, laughed.

"No way!! I know he's upset about that today. He fumbled a bad bitch."
"I still don't get why he did that though." You contemplated while reaching forward in a downward dog stretch. "Probably because he saw how fat and juicy your ass is. He saw it and thought 'I don't know how to handle all that'." She slapped your ass giggling.

You sat on the floor laughing with your friend. As the laughs died down, Hitch's face turned serious. "Be careful with him though." You squinted at her, silently asking for more details. "I heard that he's like... obsessed with this girl, Mikasa. But she rejected him. Now he gets with girls to try and feel better, but that obviously doesn't work. Then the girls just end up getting their feelings hurt." You took in her words, making sure you properly understood what she was telling you.

After careful thought, you decided, "That's fine. You know I don't trust men anyway. So he can be obsessed with another girl I don't care. I'm also obsessed with someone else... myself." You flicked a hand over your shoulder as if you were moving your hair.

"And that is why i love you." Hitch placed a hand on her chest like a proud mother. You chuckled at her dramatics.

"Enough talk. Let's get this dance sorted." You stood up, brushing dust off your clothes. Holding a hand out for Hitch to grab, you pulled her up with you. Hitch began spouting off idea she had and demonstrating them, the two of you worked for hours to create the perfect choreography.

After a few hours, the dance was complete and you recorded a dance practice. Hitch also forced you to make TikToks with her, to which you agreed reluctantly. As you left the dance studio, you checked your phone, the time flashed 6:47. A few notifications littered your lock screen; a few from your group chat, TikToks from Connie and the last notification, from around an hour ago, a text from Jean.

Jean 🤨🐴

Hey
You free?

i am now
why?? what's up

I wanted to talk
about yesterday

lmaoooo
sure
i'll be over later
that cool??

Yeah ofc. Just let me know when

You read the final message and put your phone back into your pocket. This wasn't what you were expecting to come of your evening, but this should be interesting. And you would always do random stuff if it added to the plot that is ~your life~.

A/N:
SORRY I WAS GONE FOR SO LONG!!!
I'm back, but i'll be honest idk how regular my updates will be.
that being said... i have written the next chapter already and you guys 🤭🤭 it's a good one.
I was kicking my feet and giggling as i wrote it.
Lets just say y/n and Jean have a GREAT "talk" hehehehe :p

Anyways i'm off now.
to anyone reading this I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. THANK YOU THANK YOU. 🫶🫶 YOU ARE THE BEST EVER